[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > News & Announcements > Scheduled Maintenance: Forum Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at university right now, so my answers are limited.

First, regarding the e-mail bug, this could very well be default phpBB2 behaviour. I did not touch the e-mail section at all -- I'll test it as soon as possible though.

Second, regarding the time, the only bug is that, in some cases, the time in the string will not appear. The Today / Yesterday modification is only applied in several cases (last post on index.php and posts on viewtopic.php -- basically the only places where they were implemented in the previous installation). Use the default / proposed format for now. I have experienced no bugs with that, I thought I had made that rather clear.

Some more information about the time problem. The problem isn't caused by the Today / Yesterday modification, but more by my perfectionist side wanting to mark up the time part seperately. Since phpBB2 doesn't distinguish the date from the time in the formats, it's rather hard to make a proper detection. I'll probably drop this idea, considering the amount of people using their own formats. Strange though, I never expected anyone to use their own format.

Once again. Do log out and log in again, before reporting bugs. For example, I was experiencing a session page bug during testing (staff.php), but this disappeared when I refreshed my login session.

EDIT: I did notice I forgot to set the TODAY_FORMAT flag for viewforum.php. This is now fixed.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 20 Dec 2004 12:12 pm
Dudes__Geof_
#mm2c ninja

At least it's good you are working on it and doing what you can...I really haven't noticed any bugs, yet, except the date one that bladerunner brought up
Post 20 Dec 2004 04:41 pm
Bladerunner
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ spice of life

Actually, I don't think that many people use custom formats. I think those who do are the ones replying here, for the most part. Heh.

Also, the Today/Yesterday doesn't show when searching. Not that big of an issue but I thought I'd point it out, because it did show there before.

Post 20 Dec 2004 07:53 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Bladerunner wrote:
Also, the Today/Yesterday doesn't show when searching. Not that big of an issue but I thought I'd point it out, because it did show there before.

Fixed. Thanks. Keep them coming. I honestly don't remember where they were implemented before the update. If you have suggestions, let me know and I'll consider them.

I also added the TODAY_FORMAT flag in the private messages. I rather not make it a widespread thing, as some dates are just nicer when they are like they are.

Post 20 Dec 2004 08:16 pm
Stereo
Senior Dismember

Sigh.. now the errors are causing me conflict. I can't change my timestamp because my sig is too long.. what to do Sad

A member of Team Graduation 2004/05!
Post 20 Dec 2004 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bladerunner
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ spice of life

I think sigs should be bumped to 500 chars instead of having to write a script to omit bbcode. At least for the time being.

Also, I just noticed that the today/yesterday uses GMT only so even though it's still 8:14 PM here and my time zone is set to GMT -5, it shows the full date on posts made after 7:00 PM.

Post 20 Dec 2004 11:32 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Stereo - Per suggestion, I bumped up the signature limit to 500 characters.

I also just uploaded a new version of the date styling. Using any custom format it should automatically detect time related characters and style them accordingly in the output. Any bugs are appreciated.

Bladerunner - The Today/Yesterday mod should now be showing using the user's set timezone. I am not entirely sure if it's ok now, as I haven't really studied its code.

Keep the stuff coming.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, for the moment, the Today/Yesterday mod still uses a fixed time format. I'll try to expand the parser to move over the wanted time format -- tricky though.

Post 24 Dec 2004 10:49 pm
Dudes__Geof_
#mm2c ninja

um, i just noticed one little problem, i posted in two dif topics ta 11:24 pm my time and 11:23pm my time, not the problem when it says the time, but.. it should say today..but its saying yesterday.. Neutral
Post 25 Dec 2004 06:26 am
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Dudes__Geof_ wrote:
um, i just noticed one little problem, i posted in two dif topics ta 11:24 pm my time and 11:23pm my time, not the problem when it says the time, but.. it should say today..but its saying yesterday.. Neutral

Yes, that's something I noticed as well. *sigh* Got to love the quality of the MODs in the phpBB MOD DB. Confused

Post 25 Dec 2004 11:05 am
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

A small update on the e-mail notification problems:

Right now, we hope to have fixed it. I'll spare you the technical details, but it basically came down to an unknown configuration key phpBB2 versions later than 2.0.3 that is supposed to fix something in sendmail.

Please let me know if everything is back to normal or if you still experience problems. Thank you.

Kudos to fre_ber and Yallis for the testing and research.

Post 29 Dec 2004 11:42 pm

Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: