[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > News & Announcements > And We're Back... (bug reports here)
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: And We're Back... (bug reports here) Reply with quote

We're back online after having performed a much needed move from Red Hat 7.2 to CentOS 4. We're still in the process of configuring accounts, sites and software, so short moments of downtime is expected to continue throughout the weekend.

I took the opportunity to upgrade Apache, PHP and MySQL along with it. Unfortunately, apparentely, Apache 2 now uses UTF-8 as its default character encoding, as opposed to ISO-8859-1 on Apache 1 on the old installation. What does this mean? This means that, especially on the forums, you can run into characters that are either displayed as question mark or box, depending on your browser. If you do, please read the following carefully:

• 1. Is it is occuring in the body text or title of a topic or reply on the forum? If yes, then if you are the author of the post, edit it and save it again (if you care enough).
  • 2. Is it is occuring somewhere else in the forum's template/page? If yes, then please report it here along with your browser version.
  • 3. If your username utilizes funky characters, then please contact me and restate your intended username.

Of course, all other bug reports are welcome to be posted here. I expect a couple, so don't hesitate to share them.

Update @ 2006-10-08: Something is wrong with sendmail resulting in e-mails not being send to new users, people who have subscribed to threads or people who are sending e-mails themselves.

Update @ 2006-10-08: Added bonus, attempt to stop registration spam on MM2C and FS phpBB forums.

Update @ 2006-10-09: Mail problem fixed. Switched to postfix -- much, much nicer.

Update @ 2006-10-14: Seems like spam registrations have stopped. The solution only took 30 seconds to implement. So simple...

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net

Last edited by Rippance on 23 Feb 2008 07:32 pm; edited 7 times in total
Post 07 Oct 2006 12:35 am
fre_ber
triangle fan

Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, Ripp. The only thing I spotted so far is that there is a font size issue on the main site page footer in Firexof 1.5.0.7

EDIT: Oh, it seems as if the character encoding change might affect us swedes a bit. I saw that beavermans location is now wrong - it should be "Norrköping, Sweden".

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 07 Oct 2006 09:39 am
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

fre_ber wrote:
Good work, Ripp. The only thing I spotted so far is that there is a font size issue on the main site page footer in Firexof 1.5.0.7

It's been there since the beginning. I should fix it some day Wink

fre_ber wrote:
EDIT: Oh, it seems as if the character encoding change might affect us swedes a bit. I saw that beavermans location is now wrong - it should be "Norrköping, Sweden".

Yes, very likely. All it requires is just reentering the information and saving it again. Previously all written content was saved in ISO-8859-1. Apache 2 now has a default content-encoding of UTF-8, conflicting with what's there. I could probably override it, but I rather stick to UTF-8.

Post 07 Oct 2006 10:03 am
Yallis
Professional Sucker

Rippance wrote:
I could probably override it, but I rather stick to UTF-8.

▙▙▌█▌▙▙▌, good choice. Wink

Edit: You maybe should edit §Simoleon§'s nick, it's probably cumbersome to log in with an un-typable nick. Or maybe it's a better idea to just create new database tables and insert all rows using the same character encoding for the connection as they were originally written in, that'll properly convert the content to MySQL's internal encoding.
Post 07 Oct 2006 03:38 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Update @ 2006-10-08: Something is wrong with sendmail resulting in e-mails not being send to new users, people who have subscribed to threads or people who are sending e-mails themselves.

Update @ 2006-10-08: Added bonus, attempt to stop registration spam on MM2C and FS phpBB forums.

Update @ 2006-10-09: Mail problem fixed. Switched to postfix -- much, much nicer.

Update @ 2006-10-14: Seems like spam registrations have stopped. The solution only took 30 seconds to implement. So simple...

Yallis, ah yes, he might not be able to login at all. Probably can't contact me either, due to the problem above... whoops. Wink

I am not that good in character encoding, but I suppose I could write a script that would save everything in UTF-8. I'll update §Simoleon§'s username right away. Done.

Post 08 Oct 2006 03:04 pm

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: