[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Site Feedback > Enabled mod_deflate to improve loading (requesting feedback)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley_Wint is right. Hostmonster may claim to give you 15TB of bandwidth a month, but have you checked their ToS? Every single shared hosting provider has a clause that states that in the event your account is causing significant stress on the server --either in the form of bandwidth or CPU cycles-- in a way that could harm the delivery of service to the other customers on the same server (or in the worst case: their network) they hold the right to terminate your account without prior notice.

Believe me, I've talked to my fair share of shared hosting companies and confronted them with MM2C's bandwidth requirements, back in the day. A couple of years ago they would advertise with "Unlimited bandwidth" under the same Terms of Service, but since that marketing trick has stopped working, they have started to communicate ridiculous large numbers. In reality, I doubt they would allow you to go beyond 50GB a month.

Only Google can say you have 6GB+ of e-mail space and actually deliver on that promise. Wink

The server MM2C (and about a dozen other sites) is on is hosted by ServerBeach costs me $79 a month (I'm an early customer, so that specific plan and hardware has been phased out) and gives me 60GB of space and 900GB of bandwidth guaranteed.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 23 Mar 2008 10:15 pm
captain_slow
mm2c classic car enthusiast

HummersRock wrote:
captain_slow wrote:
busboy99 wrote:
Who is still on Dial Up, anywho?
I haven't noticed any change really, my broadband is so slow google takes at least 10secs to load. Mad

Lol, Google loads in 2 seconds for me. That ain't Broadband, bubba. That's dial-up in disguise. ;P

It's because it's wireless and the signal has to get upstairs to my room, even the PC downstairs the speed varies between 32Mbps and 5.5Mbps. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
The server MM2C (and about a dozen other sites) is on is hosted by ServerBeach costs me $79 a month (I'm an early customer, so that specific plan and hardware has been phased out) and gives me 60GB of space and 900GB of bandwidth guaranteed.

Sounds good. Smile
Post 23 Mar 2008 10:41 pm
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

captain_slow wrote:

It's because it's wireless and the signal has to get upstairs to my room, even the PC downstairs the speed varies between 32Mbps and 5.5Mbps. Rolling Eyes

In my house, the wireless modem (yes, we use the piece of crap modem that came with our internet service) is located in my parents' bedroom, which is on the top floor of our house, and when I'm in the basement two floors down in the opposite corner of our house, I still get a fine signal. I still use the integrated wireless card in my laptop, and the crap Speedstream 6520 that we got for free. Surprisingly, my internet isn't too bad.

Tutorials || Make Your Own Traffic | Change Traffic Tuning
Projects || 93 Mustang GT | 85 Chevy Suburban [WIP]
Post 24 Mar 2008 02:14 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bradley_Wint
MM2C Guru

Xbox Live Gamertag:
braddor

b12man wrote:
captain_slow wrote:

In my house, the wireless modem (yes, we use the piece of crap modem that came with our internet service) is located in my parents' bedroom, which is on the top floor of our house, and when I'm in the basement two floors down in the opposite corner of our house, I still get a fine signal. I still use the integrated wireless card in my laptop, and the crap Speedstream 6520 that we got for free. Surprisingly, my internet isn't too bad.
hahaha SpeedStream...I had a speedstream router...threw away that nonsense.
Post 24 Mar 2008 02:25 am
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

Yeah. When I get connected, the internet is fine. The only problem is that 50% of the time, my laptop is unable to connect to it. My parents aren't convinced that we need to get a new one, either Sad . I guess I'll have to pay for it myself... Neutral

Post 24 Mar 2008 04:08 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wannagoodcar
is no bus n00b but you are one

He LOL. Why not go to the top floor then or the bottom floor? Rolling Eyes
Post 24 Mar 2008 05:43 am
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

That won't help my router get any better. Even when sitting right beside it, I get a 4 out of 5 bar signal Rolling Eyes That kind of pisses me off...

Post 27 Mar 2008 04:28 am
wannagoodcar
is no bus n00b but you are one

That is not bad> Although I have 5 out of 5
Post 27 Mar 2008 09:16 am
mredtherocket
Tombstone Piledriver

Xbox Live Gamertag:
SlapFish

I'll create my own server thingie and give every subscriber 13 million yottabytes of bandwidth per day! Then your silly 79 dollar per month service will look like a 1st grade experiment.

Edit...so it is 1000...yet I've only posted only so much stuff of actual worth...

Last edited by mredtherocket on 27 Mar 2008 07:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post 27 Mar 2008 11:23 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

@mredtherocket: it already does look like a 1st grade experiment
i think that was your 1000th post, congrats Smile

@wannagoodcar: my signal isn't too bad, but the service we pay for is supposedly 512kb/s or 768kb/s, yet the most I ever get is 300.

Post 27 Mar 2008 02:26 pm

Page 3 of 3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: