[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Post Your Project > -Ended.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
madnessman
bye bye madnessman!

Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic and impressive Razz , its great even though you haven't modelled around the light Cool
Post 09 May 2008 03:34 pm
Legoguy
Lego Maniac
Administrator

That's not my model, it has a lot more polys. I was going for "enough polys to get the job done," plus doing it by hand. I've seen one of these pikachu Beetles around this area, supposedly you can rent them for parties and stuff. Looks nice so far, keep up the good work. I see a few spots that could use refinement, but the overall shape is there. Maybe I should pick up my re-model of my beetle again...
"There is no loneliness on this planet. All the dark things are in your mind. This place is colorful and neutral; brutal, nice, caring and destructive -- all at the same time. Start to think a little." -- Pete Namlook; The Dark Side of the Moog X: Astro Know Me Domina, Part I
Post 09 May 2008 03:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thenthornthing
MM2C Hooligan

very high poly! Surprised
Post 09 May 2008 03:54 pm
alexsim2004
MM2C Forums Addict

Lol - looks good though
Post 09 May 2008 05:01 pm
Franch88
Re-Member

It's very high poly, it isn't yours Legoguy. Wink However it reminds me a free 3D model which I have, of course without the Pikachu features.
Post 09 May 2008 06:36 pm
mredtherocket
Tombstone Piledriver

Xbox Live Gamertag:
SlapFish

Another model stealing crisis, averted!!
Post 09 May 2008 07:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
ಠ__ಠ

It's just that whenever a user posts a completed vehicle without any form of progress or reputation for the sort of thing, a red flag should come up. I've seen it happen too many times to count.
Post 09 May 2008 07:49 pm
busboy99
MM2C Hooligan

yeah, all them chinese buses ring a bell... don't you say??
A boy was singing in a school hall when suddenly the immensity of the infinite universe hit him, and his eyes blasted out of their sockets and his lips burst and he fell to the ground and wept, his conciousness leaking out of his skull in gas form (which frightened the younger children).
- Chriddof
Also, I'm banned.
Post 09 May 2008 07:56 pm
lugia
Waterboy

Bradley_Wint wrote:
Wow very good detailing, did you model it entirely in Zmod or did you use another prog such as Blender or 3DS, etc.?

Zmod + 3DS Max Smooth Modifier(or turbosmooth), Zmod isn't really that nice in handling smooth edges in some way (Except for ZM2,not too experienced in the 2.x series)

Jason wrote:
It's just that whenever a user posts a completed vehicle without any form of progress or reputation for the sort of thing, a red flag should come up. I've seen it happen too many times to count.

Well but in that case, I don't think it is really that necessary for all of us to post all the WIPs in progress anyways? It is my practice that I won't post my things up usually when they are still, in ZM or what, I usually post in-game printscreens. Maybe you can say that's a cultural difference or my own choice of things to be done. In that case, maybe many of the things shouldn't be posted after all as they don't even have "progress" known to the public.
And one thing,I don't thing a "reputation" thing in a place is needed for one individual to have their job done nice,eh? We also have our own community to have our things discussed or being made before they are even published or acknowledged to the other side of the world, in this case I'm referring to the society in here with me and in MM2C, is that the "reputation" thing really that necessary to be built before one thing from an individual to be testified what he or she can do it? If you choose not to believe in me for the things we've done, fine and go ahead.

Maybe I shouldn't be here afterall.
Post 10 May 2008 07:34 am
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

Dang yo - I had a feeling this would end up in the attitude MM2C sometimes has...members have been here a long time, they've gone and passed through MM2 and onto other things. In the six years that the forum has been around, there have more instances than one can count wherein someone pretended a project was their own when it wasn't, or someone lied about a project and wasted everyone's time (Remember matt_king and matth?).

I dunno what to say about it. I don't think anyone in this thread was out of line - I think it's easy for new members to take offense to long-standing MM2C members without knowing who they are and what their motives are. This wasn't a personal attack - the moderators were just making sure that nobody was stealing a model. They were impressed to see your work and pleased to see that you weren't trying to be slick.

lugia, if you read this, it's usually customary for a pyp thread to show a completed model and a wireframe - not only to know that its the creator's own, but also there are often critiques to be made in the poly count, organization, etc. If you're an architect, showing a house that's under construction, wouldn't you want to show someone the blueprints?
Post 10 May 2008 02:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous: Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: