[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Soap Box > Share what you are feeling
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

Post subject: Share what you are feeling Reply with quote

Because nothing is being posted, I decided to start a topic which i borrowed form gtafroums. Basically here, trolls will be taken care of. This topic no jokes, no teasing nothing.

This topic, you can share what you really feel and tell people that you're sad and just having someone to tell it to can go a long way.

Ill start, seeing as how I started this thread.

About 15 or 16 years ago, my grandad came with my grandmother to live with us in New Zealand. I wasnt old enough to remember him then, but he was a a victim in a hit and run accident. When the car hit him, his head bounced off the bonnet and he was rushed to hospital. He stayed in the hospital for a few weeks and left with minor brain damage, or so we thought....

6 Years ago he had his second stroke. By this time he returned back to Jordan with my grandmother and we moved to Australia. We heard the news and me and my mother visited for a month. He was diagnosed with dementia. His condition stabalised so we returned back.

8 Months later, my grandmother is trying to help my grandfather get out of the shower. She slips and breaks her hip. Now, my grandmother also has had knee replacements, and one hip replacement, now she has to have two.

A year and a half ago, my grandfather has his third stroke. Now his situation is really bad, his dementia is worse than ever. Everyone is hoping to see him now before he dies, we all have, but his situation is getting worse. Hes becoming extremely dellusion. Some days he is good, some days are bad. He has to have a bag attached to his bladder to control his urination.

He sometimes thinks we live in the same city, not a 24 hour flight away. I never really spent much time with him, but I know its any moment where hes just going to leave us. And I know when he does, my grandmother will too. And I havent seen the grandparents from the other side of my family

Since I was young, I had limited family, only my uncle, aunty and his children. I havent really had much family around, im the only male besides my dad and he has leukemia, my mum has arthritis and lupus.

And yerh, im very rarely actually happy, im mainly just always, less sad, but there is always something making me upset, to think about to ruin any day

If anyone laughs, says TL;DR or i dont care, will be dealt to. This is a serious thread where people can say how they actually feel to have someone listen and someone say it too, can make something a lot better and sometimes ease the pain a slight amount, but any amount is better than nothing. 1% can make a world of difference, so I encourage you to share your feelings in the thread, and no one would judge.

Sorry tim lol

Last edited by wannagoodcar1 on 19 Jan 2012 03:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post 18 Jan 2012 02:15 pm
random.monster1981
Amateur Modeller ftw!

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that mate, I have only met my grandparents on my Mother's side once, And I've only met my mother 3 - 4 times during my entire 31 years on this planet.

My dad brought me up, Taught me the rights and wrongs and was there when I had my first heartbreak etc etc, Basically he was there when it should have been my mother.

Looking back I don't really feel anything for her nor my grandparents, They didn't seem too concerned about anything other than themselves.

I doubt I'll miss them either, Not that I actually got to know them tbh.
Post 18 Jan 2012 06:50 pm
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

One of my Grandmothers died last year, just before Christmas. She had been living with us for two years, and we were taking care of her. First she had cancer, but it wasn't serious and after about a year it was in remission. Soon after though she started having dementia. Just a couple of weeks before she died she had a problem with water or something. She would have excess water or some fluid in here throat, etc, and I guess eventually it went to her lungs. Early one morning while everyone was asleep she died.

I wasn't that sad though and I'm still not. Although I spent a lot of time with her as a kid, and some time as a teenager, it was a lot more sad seeing her deal with cancer and then just deteriorating. It was kind of a relief for me when she died, she no longer had to suffer.
Post 18 Jan 2012 09:47 pm
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

Sorry to hear that. Im not too upset about him leaving, im just upset about my grandparents having to suffer, and with them having no family around (only family is in Baghdad) they're pretty much alone in this.

Sometimes he sleeps for two days, if anyone knows if this is regular for someone with dementia?
Post 19 Jan 2012 03:09 am
random.monster1981
Amateur Modeller ftw!

Okay So..

Today I am feeling very very pleased with myself, I played a game on Operation Metro on a 64 man server on Battlefield 3 and I was awarded the title of "Killing Machine" During that round.

I usually maintain a negative K/D ratio due to either n00b tactics, Or Silly decision making such as...

"Hmm.. Okay there are 3 Abrams tanks at the end of the street and all are gunning people on the far left side of the map, Perhaps I ought to try to sneak around the back on the right hand side and go for a few C4 kills"

Which would have worked had I not picked the class that didn't have the C4.

Anyway, I copped out on this particular round on Operation Metro, I ended up with 73 kills and 39 deaths, Which, Usually for me is impossible to kill anywhere near 40 players let alone 73.

I had the usual response to this, "BAWWW HACKER", My typical reply to this is hitting H to hide the chat window out of view completely and continue playing using Teamspeak and Steam Voice at the same time, Tactics seems to make a better player of me I believe.
Post 24 Jan 2012 11:24 am
Bladerunner
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ spice of life

Xbox Live Gamertag:
CunningAbyss482

So you want to know how I'm feeling? I don't focus much on old internet things these days, nor have I for the past few years, not by choice or anything, I guess it's just a part of growing up. It's shame but that's how it is.

But I've been really, really bored these past few weeks. Not quite sure why. After I disappeared from here I spent the majority of those years partying and making other bad decisions which, as fun as they were, aren't realistic for someone soon to be in their mid-20s.

So now it's time to clean up my act and get things together, when I realize that was all I knew. So I'm sitting here, day in and day out for the past month or so, bored and confused. I guess I took right off and never really stopped to try and figure life out.

Post 24 Jan 2012 02:00 pm
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

wow, that sucks man <3 I guess thats probably where im heading. Hope you can find a good job man and your life picks up
Post 25 Jan 2012 12:40 am
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

I don't wanna share. Wink
Post 29 Jan 2012 06:58 pm
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

Then why post :s
Post 29 Jan 2012 08:05 pm
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

wannagoodcar1 wrote:

Because I wanted too. Smile
Post 29 Jan 2012 08:24 pm
Busdude666
MM2C Maniac

wannagoodcar1 wrote:

Cos he's an ass. Sort yourself out Carking and show some respect.
Post 29 Jan 2012 10:14 pm
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

Busdude666 wrote:
wannagoodcar1 wrote:

Cos he's an ass. Sort yourself out Carking and show some respect.

Embarassed
Post 29 Jan 2012 10:21 pm
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

Looks like you two have a small relationship.
Post 30 Jan 2012 04:54 am
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

Yes, they are very close.
Post 30 Jan 2012 05:12 am
wannagoodcar1
MM2C Regular

Like when Tonywolfe wanted me..... Sad
Post 30 Jan 2012 05:19 am

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT