[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > City Editing > The key to learning about MM2
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fre_ber
triangle fan

Post subject: The key to learning about MM2 Reply with quote

I have, over the years, seen many threads starting with "Please give me a complete list of what I need to do to conquer the universe". There is not likely to be one thread that contains all the answers.

The key to using a forum is that you search and read all the relevant hits. If there is something in the found threads that isn't clear or requires further discussion, please post a question in that specific thread. If, against all odds, there is a specific area that hasn't already been discussed, then feel free to create a new thread about that.

I have found that it is very difficult/impossible to keep things perfectly organised in an online forum. The problem is to find a balance between on and off topic. If a thread is too wide, holding discussions about a wide area of interest, such as a thread holding all answers to what is required to make a "traffic mod", it will get very hard to read. There will be parallell sub-threads that are hard to track. However, if the thread is very narrow, it is extremely difficult to stay on topic. Also, the number of threads to read increases dramatically.

What we can do is to try to keep the threads moderately narrow, and keep an index with links to the threads. This is what Bonfire started to do in "The Bodyshop", The MM2 Resource, and that I copied into "City Editing", City Editing Gems. These indices are, of course, write protected. Only moderators and administrators are able to change them. This is necessary, because an index can't, by definition, be a discussion. If you feel that the indices are incorrect, miss something or are badly structured, please do not hesitate to PM the author of the particular index and the proposed changes will be considered.

Thanks.

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 07 Apr 2005 12:21 pm
Stereo
Senior Dismember

Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonfire isn't really on very often, so you might get a quicker response by PMing another moderator, any of them can edit the topics.

A member of Team Graduation 2004/05!
Post 07 Apr 2005 07:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous: Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: