Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Maxoff
MM2C Addict

Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I use "Combine" to contact the boxes together?

Yes, you can.
Post 30 Jan 2007 06:13 pm
yayaya
Bench Warmer

Oh, i see
So I think I have to re-install my windows now, my MM2CT doesn't work(whenever I click the icon of MM2CT, the computer stops working and I have to restart it, terrible) because of the computer virus (even though it has been cleaned). As a result I can only make buildings these days
Reinstall windows is a complexing work, I'm not sure of whether I could get all things saved... Just wait for me
Post 31 Jan 2007 05:27 am
Reggid
trance music producer/composer

Oh don't worry, you can go to online storage sites. MediaMax is awesome and can store up to 25 gigs for free!

http://www.mediamax.com/

i would save your files there and reinstall windows..

http://www.reggid.com

The Path of Trance

Reggid presents Eternal Spirit

www.freewebs.com/eternalspirit1

The Offical Reggid Forum

http://reggid.10.forumer.com
Post 31 Jan 2007 05:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
liuyunfei
Waterboy

Very Happy Very very very Nice work!!!!!As a Chinese ,I'm very proud of you!!!!!I think all the Chinese will be proud of you.... Through there are many 3D games in the world, I haven't found a game whose map is based on chinese city!! I support you and I hope other city would be made soon. It calls for coopration of all the Chinese who are good in 3D making!!!! I'm longing for your project! Thank you too.
Post 01 Feb 2007 05:48 am
yayaya
Bench Warmer

I'm glad to hear that, and I'm really looking forward to someone who can help, but I'm still a senoir high school student, my high school entrance exam is coming, so I'm afraid that I won't have much time doing that.
If I call for help, where can I give an announcement? and there are also some problems about copyright...I don't know whether whoever else is also making 3D bejing (Do you think a game of travelling in Beijing would be attractive?)
I'm really a little aimless, because I don't know what's the result of making such a city, I have to study at school, after graduation, I have to look for a job, so that I can feed myself. The only way I could go on making 3D Beijing is I could get a job that has somthing to do with it.
If anyone could help? Sad

no matter what I say, I'll try going on

This is National Cutural Palace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xidan Cutrual Square

here are four buildings, but they are in one place, so I shotted one picture for them

and this is a statue in the center of the square.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, let's come to the center of beijing----Tian'anmen square.
You can find it in google earth, and even a 3D model of Tian'anmen Gate!!

Last edited by yayaya on 17 Feb 2007 07:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Post 01 Feb 2007 06:46 am
liuyunfei
Waterboy

Since you live in Beijing , I think you are familiar with the map of Beijing,so I suggest that you make roads and you can ask other people to make building on the condition that you send the real pictures to them if you make buildings all by yourself and one by one, you'll soon get bored!! Seeing your nice 3D works I think every chinese can give you a hand... further more China is developing 3D game industry and there are schools that theach 3d Game making there must be many students you can ask them for help for example every student can help you finish one building and the big Project can be devided into small part maybe it can be a good way to practice for them.....You can put your idea on www.baidu.com ----->zhidao to find help or find a big chinese fourm such chinaren post your idea on them and raise their attention....
As for the game ,you say that may be people will not be fond of a game in which we drive a car to travel in Beijing, I think MM2 is only a try...If you really make 3D beijing. We can put the game into other 3d games there are many other 3d game that can use Chinese map such as Grand Thief, If you really succeed you will surely make money on it.
I live in Dalian , this is also a city deveoping its software industry and i'm a University student majoring in Computer Science. I have also the same idea to make a 3D dalian...My qq: 317480511
Post 01 Feb 2007 11:08 am
liuyunfei
Waterboy

You should prepare your exam first! It's the most important!!!
Post 01 Feb 2007 11:11 am
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

yayaya wrote:
I'm glad to hear that, and I'm really looking forward to someone who can help, but I'm still a senoir high school student, my high school entrance exam is coming, so I'm afraid that I won't have much time doing that.

That's the problem with some of people in the mm2 community. Like alot of the good modelers. They have a some big school exam, or a job, or both(and maybe more) alot of other stuff that keeps them from doing much else. I'm glad I don't have that problem.
Post 01 Feb 2007 06:30 pm
yayaya
Bench Warmer

I have reinstalled my windows, but it's not so comfotable , a lot of things to be setupped, MM2CT works now, but the game still cannot load my city... I'll go on finding problems.
and... any one building should be made of one box for MM2CT to recognise, but is there any easy way to change many boxes into one?
I dare not make buildings so fast now, if the game cannot use...
Post 04 Feb 2007 07:16 am
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

yayaya wrote:
I have reinstalled my windows, but it's not so comfotable , a lot of things to be setupped, MM2CT works now, but the game still cannot load my city... I'll go on finding problems.
and... any one building should be made of one box for MM2CT to recognise, but is there any easy way to change many boxes into one?
I dare not make buildings so fast now, if the game cannot use...

Well, maybe your city just isn't working right. What I mean is maybe somethings wrong with it. Sometimes I've had a city of mine not work. Even when mm2city toolkit said it was fine. Have you had mm2city toolkit make the ar file if for you? If not try that.
Post 04 Feb 2007 11:02 am
yayaya
Bench Warmer

My computer system works well now
I only add a CCTV tower to Maxoff's sample city(no exact texture), and it works well (Option > Graphic > Render: hardware(3d videocard t&...), Resolution: 1024*768)

Problem 1:
when I creat another GROUND_01, the ar file doesn't work(game shut down when loading),how to deal with that?

so I can only scale the original GROUND_, I make it very large, but the level is not fit( the GROUND_ is lower than ROADS_), when I'm on the ROADS_, I can't see the ground, but when I jumped off the ROADS_ and down to the GROUND_, I can't see the ROADS_(as if I have come to another world),why?(every thing is above my head. )

(I'm on the ground, look at the traffice light and people)

problem2:
When I move the GROUND_ a little, and just near the ROADS_(the points are not so exact at the same location), in MM2CT psdl file, I find the GROUND_ is quite far from the ROADS_, how does this happen?

problem3:
I name CCTV tower "PH1_", and then name another building(bank of China) "PH1_01",I find the MM2CT cannot identify the second building
that means I have to make the second buiding "PH2_", but I have much more than ten different buildings, how can I name them?
"PH0_" "PH1_" PH2_"......"PH9_", how about the next one? Can I name it "PH10_"??

problem4:
the visibility in game is not high, so I can't see the buildings far away, that's not good, how can I see farther?

problem5:
sometimes the city can only work when the option in game is like this:
The Option > Graphic > Render: software only, Resolution: 800*600
so the graphic is rough, how can I make the city work at the definition 1024*768 and Render: hardware(3d videocard t&...), ?

problem6:
I use the programme "de ar" to unzip the city of sanfrancisco, and load its psdl file into MM2CT, but it dosen't have texture, why? I have tried "reload texture" but it does't work.

......I'll new the screen shot of my buildings soon
Post 06 Feb 2007 06:41 am
Maxoff
MM2C Addict

yayaya wrote:
so I can only scale the original GROUND_, I make it very large, but the level is not fit( the GROUND_ is lower than ROADS_), when I'm on the ROADS_, I can't see the ground, but when I jumped off the ROADS_ and down to the GROUND_, I can't see the ROADS_(as if I have come to another world),why?(every thing is above my head. )

Grounds and roads have to be connected.

yayaya wrote:
I name CCTV tower "PH1_", and then name another building(bank of China) "PH1_01",I find the MM2CT cannot identify the second building
that means I have to make the second buiding "PH2_", but I have much more than ten different buildings, how can I name them?
"PH0_" "PH1_" PH2_"......"PH9_", how about the next one? Can I name it "PH10_"??

PH1_, PH2_, PH3_, PH4_, PH5_, PH6_, PH7_, PH8_, PH9_, PH10_, PH11_, PH12_, PH13_, PH14_, PH15_, PH16_, PH17_, PH18_, PH19_, PH20_, PH21_, PH22_, etc. After _ you can write your description (it will be removed, so don't worry about it), for example PH10_tower, PH10_my_home, etc.

yayaya wrote:
the visibility in game is not high, so I can't see the buildings far away, that's not good, how can I see farther?

I guess that you have only high body, add other bodies to solve the problem (and don't forget about connection between grounds, roads and grounds and roads).

yayaya wrote:
sometimes the city can only work when the option in game is like this:
The Option > Graphic > Render: software only, Resolution: 800*600
so the graphic is rough, how can I make the city work at the definition 1024*768 and Render: hardware(3d videocard t&...), ?

I don't know, have many polygons have your buldings?

yayaya wrote:
I use the programme "de ar" to unzip the city of sanfrancisco, and load its psdl file into MM2CT, but it dosen't have texture, why? I have tried "reload texture" but it does't work.

You probably didn't unpack all necessary files, have you checked texture folder? Does it contain textures?
Post 06 Feb 2007 07:24 am
fre_ber
triangle fan

I have a very off topic question - but when you say CCTV tower, what do you mean? As far as I know the acronym CCTV stands for Closed Circuit TeleVision, as in surveilance camera. Not something that would reuire a TV broadcasting tower. Smile

Sorry about the deviation, but I had to ask.

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 06 Feb 2007 08:39 pm
yayaya
Bench Warmer

Oh I see, CCTV in european countries meas "Closed-circuit television"

Its meaning is completely different from that in China, in China, CCTV is short for "China Center TeleVison", it's the main channel of Chinese television, so CCTV Tower is:中央电视塔

get it? haha Very Happy
Post 07 Feb 2007 05:32 am
fre_ber
triangle fan

I thought so. Thanks for the explanation. Wink

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 08 Feb 2007 09:10 pm

Page 3 of 5 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: