[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Site Feedback > Arguing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic | View next topic

Do you think people that continusly start arguments should be banned?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
n308xrp
First Eastern Counites........

Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Many Thanks & Best Wishes
Jamie L Vendy

From the 01/07/2009 the all new look East England Bus Page will be coming =)
Post 01 May 2008 05:43 pm
gosouthcoast
MM2C Addict

to be honest an arument will start here! anyway me (busboy22), I joied adfter Busboy99 and didn't know that he existed. I will get my name changed.

Go away, you're annoying award: All of the Bus Community
Post 01 May 2008 07:10 pm
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

busboy22 wrote:
I will get my name changed.

Only if you re-register.
Post 01 May 2008 07:55 pm
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

wil555 wrote:
From what I've observed, it seems like most members here go through three stages: The N00b stage (not an insult, just a term for people just starting at the forum), wherein people familiarize themselves with the forum, get to know people, decide if they want to stick around. This is followed by the Modelling stage, wherein the member makes an attempt (earnest or half-hearted) to mod MM2. Many members give it a good shot, and a lot give up once they realize how much effort it takes. I'm impressed by some of the new members and their dedication to modding and how much they want to learn. After the modding stage ends, or the member becomes a well-accepted modder, the member reaches a third stage, for which I can't think of a name. But for the most part, these members move to the Soap Box, Technical Support, and Image Gallery, as they have finished with MM2, although they usually check PYP just to see what's up.

I seem to have managed that in just under 2 years. I made an attempt at modeling, it worked, I was happy, then forgot about it/lost interest. Most of my posts now are in the last four sections (from what I see).

I do think that people who continuously start arguments should be banned. But you shouldn't be banned if you don't argue often.
I've had my moments of being pissed, but I realise that "screaming" at someone over the internet isn't gonna do anything. All it will do is worsen the situation.

Tutorials || Make Your Own Traffic | Change Traffic Tuning
Projects || 93 Mustang GT | 85 Chevy Suburban [WIP]
Post 01 May 2008 08:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

I feel like the one rule everyone needs to obey is that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. The majority of the arguments occur because someone went out of their way to post "stupid jerk you suck" instead of posting nothing and leaving the thread be. That's instigating an argument, and it does nobody any good.
Post 01 May 2008 09:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Silent1Unknown
a.k.a. Silent

wil555 wrote:
I feel like the one rule everyone needs to obey is that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Thats my number 1 rule. You won't believe how many times I quickly deleted my posts on second thoughts....though I probably shouldn't have said this. Confused
Helping Hand Award
Post 01 May 2008 10:31 pm
HummersRock

Silent1Unknown wrote:
Thats my number 1 rule. You won't believe how many times I quickly deleted my posts on second thoughts....though I probably shouldn't have said this. Confused

Lol. I have done that more then once also.
Post 01 May 2008 10:51 pm
thenthornthing
MM2C Hooligan

I just feel banning these members - annoying and argumentitive they are, will just put a huge amount of strain on the mods and Rippance.
Post 02 May 2008 05:57 am
Bradley_Wint
MM2C Guru

Xbox Live Gamertag:
braddor

We have to be doing something wrong, because on other forums you just don't see this. There are the few exceptions but most are well controlled. I guess if there were certain mods who were responsible for particular sections, that would be kinda effective. It's kinda lot for Jason and Tim alone to manage all the forums...maybe there were one or two more...then dividing the forums into sections for each mod, it may help in some way...

I think if people were penalized though, it would discourage future activities...rather than giving chances over and over...show them that the boys above are seeing what is going on and will take some form of action if the behaviour persists.
Post 02 May 2008 06:06 am
thenthornthing
MM2C Hooligan

Good point,
I think with the lack of authority in these forums mean that new members are thinking that it is acceptable to breech the rules and cause havoc on forums.
I know i have been inclined to point out things to peer members when i am blatently not a mod, but this is my nature, and by doing that I sometimes I cause more arguments.
But if the mods - as Bradley_Wint says were assigned to each area we could combat these idiots who are ruining the expereince for the rest.
Like those who just post a smiley in their post and nothing else, or, those - and there's several of them - who jsut post stuff totally unrelated to the topic.

Although people think i'm being an idiot by starting arguments by pointing out one's faults, I am trying to do what's best...... honest Twisted Evil
Post 02 May 2008 06:13 am
alexsim2004
MM2C Forums Addict

wil555 wrote:
I feel like the one rule everyone needs to obey is that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. The majority of the arguments occur because someone went out of their way to post "stupid jerk you suck" instead of posting nothing and leaving the thread be. That's instigating an argument, and it does nobody any good.

Yes I totally agree - it would solve most arguments Smile - but then again people would argue that they can't express their views to the community.

However it hasnt been that bad around here lately (the arguing)
Post 02 May 2008 06:07 pm
HummersRock

Bradley_Wint wrote:
We have to be doing something wrong, because on other forums you just don't see this.

Well when the bus noobs were arguing real good and they did that on another forum, they would have gotten one or two warnings, which would have stopped them or they would have kept going and gotten banned—that's what has been wrong on this forum, no action was taken. They were able to keep arguing with no kind of consequences because Rippance did not want to deal with them and any other mods present did not want to either.
Post 02 May 2008 08:31 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

HummersRock wrote:
They were able to keep arguing with no kind of consequences because Rippance did not want to deal with them and any other mods present did not want to either.

That's a bit of a black and white explanation. We've dealt with them many times and concluded that the only good action is self-regulation. Apparently, it's impossible for me to ask them to stop arguing, but I can ask you to stop giving it the attention they want so much.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 02 May 2008 09:27 pm
LtCarman
Waterboy

In my opinion, we just have to be more welcoming to the newcomers and respecting each other's intrests. If we had learned how to do those two things, a lot of these arguments could have been prevented. For example, when a newcomer comes along and posts a question that has already been answered before, don't just say "Use the search function." or my personal favorite "Just google it." Instead, tell him the answer to his question and at the end, just say "But next time, try using the search function to see if your question has been already answered." I know this thread is a year old, but this is an example of what not to do. Note: I'm not trying to put down Richard_P, just using him as an example. (http://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?t=13093&highlight=) I know val111 loses it at the end, but that wouldn't have happened if Richard_P hadn't been so temperamental with him. Alright, so now back to the respecting each other's intrest thing. This probably has to be the easiest thing that I can imagine. Just let the people that like buses be. Just let them enjoy their buses. I do realize why you guys are biased against them because of the bus/bus company wars in the past but it is time to move on and put the past behind us. I hope my post didn't offend anybody and if it did, it was not intentional.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I got lost im my little rant there. So, to answer the topics question, I don't think people that start arguments (by arguments, I mean flame wars) should be banned immedatly. They should get warnings the first few times, but after that, a ban should follow.

If an old thread has been bumped, an old thread has been bumped. Quit complaining, get over it and continue life. No big deal.

Post 03 May 2008 05:59 am
thenthornthing
MM2C Hooligan

We're - or at least I, when post, search google - am trying to make a point.

If everyone posted their simple question here there would be hundreds of useless topics, some of which the same which could asil have been resolved by a simple google search or a foum search on here.

If some people weren't so bone idle, they would search before coming here.
Post 03 May 2008 07:54 am

Page 2 of 4 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: