[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Site Feedback > Arguing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic | View next topic

Do you think people that continusly start arguments should be banned?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
busboy99
MM2C Hooligan

Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well.
A boy was singing in a school hall when suddenly the immensity of the infinite universe hit him, and his eyes blasted out of their sockets and his lips burst and he fell to the ground and wept, his conciousness leaking out of his skull in gas form (which frightened the younger children).
- Chriddof
Also, I'm banned.
Post 03 May 2008 11:45 am
Silent1Unknown
a.k.a. Silent

Hostility towards newcomers isn't even part of the question. Thats just being rude and having bad manners on our (experienced members') part. They've already posted a "useless" topic and you can't change that.....well the moderators could....but if we reply in a negative way, it shows what kinda people we really are. We don't even have to post, just ignore it and wait for someone nice to reply instead.

Arguments, which is what we're talking about in this thread, starts with experienced members. And we're not talking about debates over current issues, but the hating of other people's guts because of their immature attitude or simple mistakes. The fix is very simple really. DON'T GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF POSTING A MEAN REPLY. I think being in a state of anger often is bad for your health, but I'm not sure. Something about blood pressure and short life span....something something. Next time, just smile Smile and say to yourself, "This guy's not worth my time."
Helping Hand Award
Post 03 May 2008 04:13 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

thenthornthing wrote:
If everyone posted their simple question here there would be hundreds of useless topics, some of which the same which could asil have been resolved by a simple google search or a foum search on here.

If some people weren't so bone idle, they would search before coming here.

Surprisingly, not everyone is proficient with finding information on the internet. As part of my study I've talked to many novice internet users and it's absolutely stunning to see how few can use Google (or any other starting point) efficiently.

As such, I find it really ignorant to expect everyone to be capable of doing a proper search. News flash: people post here because they want help. If they're lazy or not is irrelevant to the fact that they're still looking for a helping hand.

You know what they say? "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime". Whenever people post a question that is easily answered by a search, I encourage you to see this as an opportunity to educate the original poster and show you're a senior user of this forum. It does not require much more really.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 03 May 2008 05:20 pm
Bradley_Wint
MM2C Guru

Xbox Live Gamertag:
braddor

Hmm well said point..

I dunno who has this in their signature but it said something about phrasing the correct search query, google will do the rest... well he is right... Once you learn how to use the effective words when search with google, you can find yourself the world of information.

However the phpBB function of this site is a bit outdated and doesn't really do a good job and bringing the most accurate content.

Nonetheless, effective searching is the key.
Post 06 May 2008 11:24 pm
HummersRock
...is still seeing colours.

Bradley_Wint wrote:
I dunno who has this in their signature but it said something about phrasing the correct search query, google will do the rest... well he is right..

Maxoff.
Post 06 May 2008 11:29 pm
GT
MM2C Guru

.. You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
Post 07 May 2008 05:50 am
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

Well, think about it a situation where you have a question about buying a new oven. You could go to either Walmart (which has almost everything) or Home Depot (with specialized people in appliances). People would probably pick Home Depot so they know more about the appliance and the customer would get better help.

Now imagine that the Home Depot employee yells at the person and tells them to go to WalMart for asking such a stupid question like "How would I do this with my oven?"

I guess this metaphor has its limits...but do you see my point? If I had a question about MM2, it would make sense to ask people who love the game, since they would know, rather than to google it, where it could take actual effort to find something worthwhile.
Post 07 May 2008 02:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LtCarman
Waterboy

wil555 wrote:
Well, think about it a situation where you have a question about buying a new oven. You could go to either Walmart (which has almost everything) or Home Depot (with specialized people in appliances). People would probably pick Home Depot so they know more about the appliance and the customer would get better help.

Now imagine that the Home Depot employee yells at the person and tells them to go to WalMart for asking such a stupid question like "How would I do this with my oven?"

I guess this metaphor has its limits...but do you see my point? If I had a question about MM2, it would make sense to ask people who love the game, since they would know, rather than to google it, where it could take actual effort to find something worthwhile.

Nice analogy. I like that and I completly agree wth that. If I had a question about something, I would ask people that are specialized in that area. And also, going back to what Rippance said, we have to understand that not everyone is proficient at using the Internet to use the search function efficiently. I know a lot of people that can't even search up news that is only a week old on google, let alone a 5+ year old game. So before you you say "Google it." think about the other 70% of the world that are not good at using the Internet.

If an old thread has been bumped, an old thread has been bumped. Quit complaining, get over it and continue life. No big deal.

Post 08 May 2008 01:40 am
Silent1Unknown
a.k.a. Silent

Can I request a tutorial on "how to prepare the query"? Razz

I suck at research.
Helping Hand Award
Post 08 May 2008 01:58 am
zac40844084

YES! I hate when people start fights with bus lovers
Post 20 Jan 2009 12:08 am
Bradley_Wint
MM2C Guru

Xbox Live Gamertag:
braddor

zac40844084 wrote:
No topic bumping
Post 20 Jan 2009 12:09 am
b12man
Nirvanophile

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ForeignBrian 12

zac40844084 wrote:

ahahaha, nice one. You were just asking for an argument with that one

just to put it out there: it is usually the bus lovers fighting each other

Tutorials || Make Your Own Traffic | Change Traffic Tuning
Projects || 93 Mustang GT | 85 Chevy Suburban [WIP]
Post 20 Jan 2009 12:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

b12man wrote:
zac40844084 wrote:

ahahaha, nice one. You were just asking for an argument with that one

just to put it out there: it is usually the bus lovers fighting each other

I think that usually happens first, but then people who don't like buses step in and offer their two cents, and then it just gets stupider and stupider.
Post 20 Jan 2009 02:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alexsim2004
MM2C Forums Addict

Wait, is Zac posting as a guest? - it says so on his member name - but I thought you couldnt post here unless you were registered? - weird lol.
Post 20 Jan 2009 04:02 pm
Tonywolfe121
MM2C Addict

His account got deleted by request.
Post 20 Jan 2009 04:24 pm

Page 3 of 4 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: