[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Technical Support > BT ROUTERS & MODEMS WORK FOR HOSTING!
View previous topic | View next topic

Was This Helpful?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I Dont Have A BT Router
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
mcw_metrobus
Hank Marvin Fan!

Post subject: BT ROUTERS & MODEMS WORK FOR HOSTING! Reply with quote

I found out the other day that the tricky 'BT' router can host for mm2. The same things apply as earlier network problem tutorials show you such as you need to ENABLE DMZ and UpNp. DMZ on routers asks you where the packets from the internet should be forwarded. In the I.P box you put the I.P. to the router wich is; 192.168.1.2 - when this is done go to www.whatsmyip.org. Now, this seems the same as the other tutorial fixer things but BT routers choose to reset the hosting I.P. each time you switch it on. So if it was 96.256.78.3 one time it could be 76.245.36.412 the next time. So each time you host, you have got to go to www.whatsmyip.org first. YOU CANNOT write your I.P. down on a piece of paper for one cruise and give it out. Then the next day give the same I.P. for another cruise as this WILL NOT WORK! if this apply's to other routers then follow the same above. I hope this helps people Mr. Green
Post 11 Apr 2010 09:24 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: