[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > The Bodyshop > Significant camera change?
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
cr08
Waterboy

Post subject: Significant camera change? Reply with quote

Hi there. I'm an oldie in the world of MM2 and have been around a bunch of sites including this one lurking my way and know the basics of most of the game modifications thus far.

Unfortunately I have come upon a project idea that is looking like it would require some significant camera modifications. Particularly having the in-car-sans-dash cam be a 360 degree view (or have the POV angles stitched together in one view) so that in something like a multi-screen 3x1 setup MM2 would be showing LEFT-FRONT-RIGHT.

Is this kind of thing possible or would it need some significant hacking of the core to accomplish?

Thanks.
Post 16 Jul 2010 04:37 am
random.monster1981
Amateur Modeller ftw!

Post subject: Re: Significant camera change? Reply with quote

cr08 wrote:
Hi there. I'm an oldie in the world of MM2 and have been around a bunch of sites including this one lurking my way and know the basics of most of the game modifications thus far.

Unfortunately I have come upon a project idea that is looking like it would require some significant camera modifications. Particularly having the in-car-sans-dash cam be a 360 degree view (or have the POV angles stitched together in one view) so that in something like a multi-screen 3x1 setup MM2 would be showing LEFT-FRONT-RIGHT.

Is this kind of thing possible or would it need some significant hacking of the core to accomplish?

Thanks.

Unless you were using a 3 monitor multiscreen setup back in the days when mm2 was released then I'd say.... a firm No!

the game would Probably Need to be rewritten from the ground up to support the newer technology.
Post 16 Jul 2010 04:22 pm
cr08
Waterboy

Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not really relevant since all the different gaming focused multi-monitor setups show up to the game as one single super wide monitor so MM2 will not care. In fact with the right tweaks MM2 will run at any resolution you'd like.

My concern is creating a modified camera in the game to take advantage of this. Is that possible without some significant hacking of the core of the game?
Post 16 Jul 2010 09:36 pm
ediblechickenwing
MM2C Addict

Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, for the same reason stated above.
Post 17 Jul 2010 11:03 am

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: