[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > General Discussion > MM2 freezes at car selection
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
L48
Bench Warmer

Post subject: MM2 freezes at car selection Reply with quote

i know this has probably been asked in other topics, but i have a problem with MM2 freezing at the car selection screen. idk whats causing, but it freezes right as its transferring from the race screen to the car selection screen. can somebody help me before i go berserk? Mad i have no idea what to do

L48
Post 21 Aug 2010 12:35 am
HummeR
Is a failure.

Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first, if you haven't already, take out all of your mods and try running the game. If it still crashes then take put the car/bus that you last used in-game back into the mm2 folder. If it still crashes then delete the player folder so that mm2 recreates the default player folder. If is still crashes after all of this, then reinstall mm2.

Once you get it working, put each mod that you use back into the folder one at a time, testing the game each time. That way you can figure out which mod is causing the crash. It might be a certain combination though, which can be frustrating to figure out depending on how many mods you want to use.
Post 21 Aug 2010 02:11 am
ediblechickenwing
MM2C Addict

Don't bother with that.

Go into the game as normal and click Crash Course, use any settings and start the level. As soon as your car appears you can exit out of the game to Windows. The game should be fine again when you go back into it.

It's caused when you take out the vehicle you last used, it tries to find it but it can't so it crashes. Doing the crash course will automatically put you in a default car, therefore the most recent vehicle you drove will be able to be found next time round.
Post 21 Aug 2010 01:07 pm
L48
Bench Warmer

ok-i got the game to work fine with the default cars. however, it crashes with the any mod i put in. are the mods a mess? i put one in and it crashed. took it out, put another mod in, crashed. repeated process with the same result. idk what to do now Confused

EDIT:ok-i got it to work with some mods. there are some that dont work tho(mainly the mods by Riva). any ideas?

L48
Post 22 Aug 2010 02:45 am
evo
MM2C Guru

They are very high poly models. You probably can't run them on your computer if they crash each time. Have you tried them in default cities?
Post 22 Aug 2010 09:58 am
L48
Bench Warmer

i run them in the default cities. every time i go to select one it crashes. i have no idea why
Post 22 Aug 2010 11:33 am

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: