[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > General Discussion > AI in custom Checkpoint Races problem
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
K9Underdogg
Waterboy

Post subject: AI in custom Checkpoint Races problem Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong board Wink
I'm trying to make checkpoint races for the New York City map converted by RichardP, by using the checkpoint locations in the Blitz races.
I started with the second one, "Central Park Tour" and I did the following:
Edtited the "as_manhattan.CINFO" file to add the race
Added a "race1.aimap" and "race1.aimap_p", both with the same data from the checkpoint race included in the mod and using only one opponent (I reckon that it makes no difference editing the numbers in this file, right?)
Then, added a "race1waypoints.csv" file copying the one from the checkpoint race but replaced the lines with those from the blitz race, to have the new checkpoint places.
Finally, added the file "race1-a-0.OPP" but replaced the lines with those from the "race1waypoints" file. Then only changed the first number by 3 to place the opponent right next to my car at the beggining of the race.
When I tested it, the checkpoints were placed ok, like in the blitz race. My car and the opponent were also placed fine, but when the race starts, the opponent turns around and tries to drive away Mad
Do you guys know what I could have done wrong, it seems to be something related to the OPP file, but I don't really know what each file is for, so any help is appreciated Smile it would be cool to have these races with rivals in the awesome New York map
thanks
Post 18 Nov 2010 02:39 am
sajmon14
One of last MM2 track makers

Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 is better
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you posted wrong NY, Richard P's one has races in cinfo but not in race folder. I guess the problem is in one of opponent wayponts, they turn around because next waypoint isn't placed correctly or they follow other waypoints
Post 18 Nov 2010 02:35 pm
K9Underdogg
Waterboy

Thanks , I´ll try changing the waypoints in the opp file and see what happens Smile
The mod I'm talking about is "New York City improved 1.2" available here http://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

EDIT: I tried changing the opponent waypoints but they still turn around and drive in the same direction. It looks like the OPP file is only controlling the start location for the opponents.

This is what the "race1.aimap" and "aimap_p" files look like:
Quote:
[Police]

[Opponent]
vpmustang99 race1-a-0.opp 1.1 0 50.000000 0.700000 1 1 1 1 0 1.000000

This is the "race1waypoints.csv" file contains:
Quote:
x,y,z,a,poly count,frane rate,state changes,texture changes,msg
-256,22.5,-166,-22,0,0,0,0
-321,26.5,-387,0,0,0,0,0
-321,26.5,-687,0,0,0,0,0
-321,22.5,-997,0,0,0,0,0

And this is the "race1-a-0.opp" file:
Quote:
x,y,z,brake,forward offset,side offset,target speed,speed start,side start
-253,22.5,-166,-22,0,0,0,0
-321,26.5,-387,0,0,0,0,0
-321,26.5,-687,0,0,0,0,0
-321,22.5,-997,0,0,0,0,0

I tried different numbers in this one, some made the rival have no wheels, another made the opponent drive in circles Confused

I guess the error should just be in the OPP file, or maybe in the aimap files, i don't know Neutral
Does anyone know how to tune the OPP and Aimap files?
Post 18 Nov 2010 03:10 pm
sajmon14
One of last MM2 track makers

Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 is better

Hmm the opp file is identic as checkpoints, the opponent waypoints are placed on intersections, mostly on crosswalks, you need open MM2CT, open NY and add some objects with positions from your race, then look where middle of object is placed and try moving them, also in your file.
Post 19 Nov 2010 06:55 am
K9Underdogg
Waterboy

Thanks Very Happy
Post 19 Nov 2010 08:53 pm
evelynz8735
Waterboy

Post subject: Re: AI in custom Checkpoint Races problem Reply with quote

K9Underdogg wrote:
Hi! I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong board Wink
I'm trying to make checkpoint races for the New York City map converted by RichardP, by using the checkpoint locations in the Blitz races.
I started with the second one, "Central Park Tour" and I did the following:
Edtited the "as_manhattan.CINFO" file to add the race
Added a "race1.aimap" and "race1.aimap_p", both with the same data from the checkpoint race included in the mod and using only one opponent (I reckon that it makes no difference editing the numbers in this file, right?)
Then, added a "race1waypoints.csv" file copying the one from the checkpoint race but replaced the lines with those from the blitz race, to have the new checkpoint places.
Finally, added the file "race1-a-0.OPP" but replaced the lines with those from the "race1waypoints" file. Then only changed the first number by 3 to place the opponent right next to my car at the beggining of the race.
When I tested it, the checkpoints were placed ok, like in the blitz race. My car and the opponent were also placed fine, but when the race starts, the opponent turns around and tries to drive away Mad
Do you guys know what I could have done wrong, it seems to be something related to the OPP file, but I don't really know what each file is for, so any help is appreciated Smile it would be cool to have these races with rivals in the awesome New York map
thanks

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Post 01 Dec 2010 02:48 am

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: