[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Post Your Project > Couplé Lartam 200
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Couplé Lartam 200 Reply with quote

If you read my topic in the Soap Box, You may have known that i was going to make a range of vehicles from my fictional company, Couplé. This is the first vehicle and the first vehicle i've made. It's a bus, and i called it the "Lartam 200", after Enviro200. You may not have known that i resorted to a more easier way to make a bus that maybe or maybe not you guys don't know yet. I'm creating this bus on Google Sketchup Pro, so it's more easier. It's Still in the making, but here are some snaps:


Also, i might be the first person to add the London iBus onto the model.


Here's The Side,


and here's the front.


Keep Checking this forum for updates soon!

All the Best,
Michael A. Johnathan-Perkins
Post 28 May 2011 03:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 608
Location: United States

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

StanofGB is not interested anymore. It's a bus. -,-

And, it's made in sketchup. Sketchup = no.
_________________
Post 28 May 2011 06:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I hope I'm not discouraging anyone from my project because it's being made in shetchup. You should see my toyota prius, which I finished a month ago. That was the best model I've ever done, so I'll release it next week.

Also, there cars and vans in the range, so don't worry.
Post 28 May 2011 09:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 608
Location: United States

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejnr wrote:
Oh no, I hope I'm not discouraging anyone from my project because it's being made in shetchup. You should see my toyota prius, which I finished a month ago. That was the best model I've ever done, so I'll release it next week.

Also, there cars and vans in the range, so don't worry.


Well. you cant. you're going to have to get it into zmodeler. Only if you have skp pro, can you export as a .3ds. Wink
_________________
Post 29 May 2011 12:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
_Tim_
Kiwilicious
Administrator

Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Posts: 1259
Location: Where the wild things are.

Status: Offline


Xbox Live Gamertag:
TimNZ
Post subject: Reply with quote

carking1996 wrote:
Only if you have skp pro, can you export as a .3ds. Wink


mikejnr wrote:


Welp.
_________________
<- My experimental pages.
Post 29 May 2011 01:27 am
View user's profile Send private message
carking1996
MM2C Too Much

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 608
Location: United States

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. didn't notice that. Razz Nice bus, though.
_________________
Post 29 May 2011 01:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

carking1996 wrote:
oh. didn't notice that. Razz Nice bus, though.


Thanks. I only wish luigi was here. He was sending rude comments on my forum regarding the rules that I put down. He told me to make vehicles myself and see how hard it is.

LOL, IT'S EASY WITH SKETCHUP, LIAM, YOU FLOPPED!!!!!
Post 29 May 2011 10:14 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
random.monster1981
Amateur Modeller ftw!

Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 832
Location: under your bed dropping wind.

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that if you want to create something 3d.. Sketchup/ Sketchup Pro is NOT the way forward.

Okay Sketchup IS good for doing buildings that require no smooth surfaces but vehicles... no no no no NO!

Zmod or 3DS is more for them sort of things Wink

If you're more than happy making mediocre models then that's fine by me, I've always preferred vehicles to be a bit more... curvy.. much like women, an out of shape disproportionate woman has nothing on a slender curvy babe.

Laughing
Post 29 May 2011 01:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

random.monster1981 wrote:
I also agree that if you want to create something 3d.. Sketchup/ Sketchup Pro is NOT the way forward.

Okay Sketchup IS good for doing buildings that require no smooth surfaces but vehicles... no no no no NO!

Zmod or 3DS is more for them sort of things Wink

If you're more than happy making mediocre models then that's fine by me, I've always preferred vehicles to be a bit more... curvy.. much like women, an out of shape disproportionate woman has nothing on a slender curvy babe.

Laughing


I understand where you're coming from, and I support the fact that sketchup is for buildings, but people took modeling above that...you should see the Google Sketchup Warehouse.. Check out the cars, such as toyota yaris, or ford fiesta. They are very welll made!
Post 30 May 2011 02:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

Update Time!








Post 30 May 2011 09:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gafaddict
Stand-up philosopher

Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 377
Location: Manhattan, NYC

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand, are you making this bus for MM2? As far as I know Google SketchUp models can't be imported into either MM game.

If you're not making this bus for MM2, why does everybody care that he's making it in Google SketchUp?
_________________
So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, Midtown Madness Archive
Post 31 May 2011 06:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

Gafaddict wrote:
I don't understand, are you making this bus for MM2? As far as I know Google SketchUp models can't be imported into either MM game.

If you're not making this bus for MM2, why does everybody care that he's making it in Google SketchUp?


Yes, I am making this bus for mm2. I have sketchup pro, so I can export to 3ds. ZModeler supports 3DS, so I can convert it.

Also, sketchup is not commonly used to make vehicles for mm2, that's why it's causing a confusion
Post 31 May 2011 10:25 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Busdude666
MM2C Maniac

Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 486
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom

Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look bad, but it's all very flat (as Gizmo said). However it would be interesting to see how it looks in-game once complete. You may learn from your mistake... if it is one.
Post 31 May 2011 11:27 am
View user's profile Send private message
mikejnr
Outdated

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 38


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

Busdude666 wrote:
It doesn't look bad, but it's all very flat (as Gizmo said). However it would be interesting to see how it looks in-game once complete. You may learn from your mistake... if it is one.


You're right...it is a mistake, but I'm aiming to create better models with more curves.
Post 31 May 2011 01:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
evo
MM2C Guru

Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 1455


Status: Offline


Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as you import that to ZM, polys will be flying everywhere and your normals will be f**ked.
Post 31 May 2011 01:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous: Post new topicReply to topic

Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Home - MM2C.com - Contact - Staff & Seniors - FAQ - Community Rules - Syndication


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group