[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > News & Announcements > Off Topic / Hijacking Threads
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: Off Topic / Hijacking Threads Reply with quote

Recently I have noticed people manage to hijack a thread no matter if that's their intention or not. As the Community Rules says this is not tolerated -- with a minor exception of the Soap Box. Have we all lost the ability to add something usefull to a serious topic? Have we all became total morons?

If you do not have anything to add to the topic then stay away from it. Some people actually do want an answer to their question and do want to have a serious discussion on a revelant topic. That means your own opinion about it does not matter. If you think it is pointless to discuss or whatsoever then you keep out of it. Mostly people post with a goal and such replies do not help them at reaching their goal at all.

Community Rules wrote:
7. Posts in a particular forum need to stay on topic. If you want to talk about something that is drastically removed from the topic of a forum, please take it to Soap Box. The Soap Box was setup to provide our members a place to discuss anything not related to the Midtown Madness series.

Also, I don't even get why it has to be named 'rules'. I guess we are missing the social skills too? As far as I know these 'rules' are simply guidelines to remind you of how a friendly environment should be. Remember, if you don't want it to happen to you then why do it to someone else?

People continueing failing in following these simple guidelines may get banned.

PS: No, I don't care if you agree with me or not. In my education I have learned to follow these guidelines no matter what. I follow them in life so why not on the internet? Would I be abusing my power? Of course, aren't we all when we are in the right position?

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net

Last edited by Rippance on 03 Feb 2003 02:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post 28 Jan 2003 08:08 pm
TEK_Speedy
MM2C Regular

Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Rippance, totally, just see what I posted about it in my topic I made recently, on the second page, and then, you see, it keeps going.

This issue annoys me like no other..

You guys have GOT to stop.
Post 28 Jan 2003 10:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paspanoz
PRCN Owner

Your right Rippance people should be careful with what they say because like TEK_Speedy said when it starts it keeps going. Neutral
Post 29 Jan 2003 07:22 pm
dishayu
MM2C Maniac

Paspanoz wrote:
Your right Rippance people should be careful with what they say because like TEK_Speedy said when it starts it keeps going. Neutral

agreed...
hey ripp.... i seriously belive the people who like to go off-topic should be restricted only to the soap box...
they can do by posting useless in there....
i'd also like to make the point that the welcome threads should also be restricted to soap box.. 'coz theve gotta do nothin with mm2....
u can c the examples of midtown girl & hazauifa......
those topics go far away in useless posts...
these topics should be locked as soon as they r introduced..

a truth : i reallased that i should follow what i just wrote 'coz i too posted useless in those welcome threads....so i would make a note of thet... & try to be on topic in future....
Post 01 Feb 2003 07:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mattking
Italian Job Project Begun

tut tut.Not fair
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:08 pm
mm1guy
­

Xbox Live Gamertag:
mm2guy

mattking - Stop spamming, the forum page said you made a recent post in ever single forum, stop and please calm down a little bit Very Happy
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vchat20
I Love Chickens Eddie!!

I agree 200% here. im tired of having to flip through pages on topics to see what really entails to the subject of the topic when people go in and hijack it to death. and not to point names, but the latest stunt by KillmasterX is just ridiculous. just because he doesnt like something doesnt mean he can bash a whole thread just because he doesnt agree with it. but that's what he did.

as a couple suggestions to possibly remedy this:

1)warning for 1st offense
2)short 24 hour ban for 2nd offense
3)week's ban for 3rd offense
4)month ban for 4th offense
5)permanent ban for the 5th and final offense.

these might seem a little extreme, but they will do the job if done right.
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Vchat20 - You might want to read this thread regarding my and other people's opinion on temporary banning.

Short summary: it's not going to happen.

A ban on MM2C is permanent and we do our best to filter out any serious offenders. But please remember that is it is not only the administration that is capable of directing a thread back in 'on-topic mode'.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:34 pm
RD-Online
Newbie Modeler

Good point Rippance

I feel that it is very annoying that some petty immature babies cant take their argument outside, away from the tread you are trying to get serious replies from.
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:40 pm
R4V3N[NL]
'baller

Location: 9km from Rippance, 6 km from legal weed. Gooo Holland :D

We made an agreement to ignore such situations, yet people still find the need to respond to this. Please don't, we already know what you're thinking, so there's no need of posting it.

Ravensnest - Free 3D models (new link => http://raven.shows.it!)
Just click it Smile
NOS is a goddamn brand, not a chemical formula, you ricemorons!
Post 06 Oct 2003 08:43 pm
Mr_Sparkle
Disrespectful To Dirt

Ignoring petty fights is a great way to avoid exacerbating the situation - but that doesn't mean people should just be allowed to start fights all the time and figure "well, it will just be ignored, so it's okay to fight", because no, it isn't okay. Making this forum a pleasant place to be requires effort from everybody.
Post 06 Oct 2003 09:20 pm
matth
MM2C Maniac

Mr_Sparkle wrote:
Ignoring petty fights is a great way to avoid exacerbating the situation - but that doesn't mean people should just be allowed to start fights all the time and figure "well, it will just be ignored, so it's okay to fight", because no, it isn't okay. Making this forum a pleasant place to be requires effort from everybody.

That's the advice that I am following- click http://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?t=5635

to see what I mean. Smile PS- I hope I'm not responding to this topic too late, I wouldn't want to get flamed!
Post 08 Oct 2003 07:33 pm
Jason
ಠ__ಠ

i agree, so let me know if i go off topic. i just get so many ideas and i write whatever comes to mind, but if someone brings my offtopicness to my attention, then i would kindly stop. i guess sometimes an 'ok' thread can turn into an exciting thread through offtopicness aswell... even though rippance wants us to belive otherwise. Wink
Post 09 Oct 2003 06:18 am
fre_ber
triangle fan

You may be correct, off-topic threads can be interesting. The problem is that it is difficult to find the interesting posts for later reference if the thread name and the contents of the thread diverge. I know that I tend, quite often, to post off-topic post myself, but I try not to.

P.S. (Slightly off topic Wink) For the reason mentioned above, I also think that the thread names should be thought through a little better. I actively ignore topics named "What about...", "Look at..." or "Help me". The thread names really should be descriptive and at least somewhat specific. (IMO)

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 09 Oct 2003 05:29 pm
bluefox
The other white Tim

Yes, we do really need to stop but this is kind of conflicting isn't it?

I mean, we want the activity level on the forum to stay up, but this hijacking is what's creating most of the activity.

I'm confused and undecided.
Post 09 Oct 2003 05:35 pm
Display posts from previous: Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: