[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Technical Support > Step by step resolution to the Nvidia/Intel & No-Cd prob
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
FinalPhoenix
Waterboy

Post subject: Step by step resolution to the Nvidia/Intel & No-Cd prob Reply with quote

Hiya all,
been seeing a lot of questions about this particular issue, applying to those that:

1. Have a Nvidia 2/3/4 or Intel 801 based graphics chipset
and
2. Attempt to use a no-cd (insert favorite synonym for patch here)

Symptoms:
A bit of a catch 22 no? If you install the "Intel Patch" from Microsoft's website, you update your copy of MM2 to version 1.1, and most no cd patches will not work after this, meaning either your stuck with the CD or the screwed up graphics.

Resolution:
Assuming you start from the 1.0 CD version:

1. Do a full install from the CD
2. Go to Microsoft's site and download the v1.1 patch
3. Now, go to www.megagames.com (the google method produces sooo many non-relevant results) and look for a 1.1 cd patch (I'm not going to link steal, I'm just helping not doing everything for ya Wink )
4. Apply the 1.1 no cd patch

Thats it- your done. Now you can enjoy hardware acceleration on your GF/Intel without having to deal with that pesky CD.
Post 20 Mar 2003 02:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_Mad_Man_2k
MM2C Addict

Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me forever to find that No CD+gfx patch, I wish I could have found it much sooner. I was stuck with crappy gfx for 6 months :p
Post 20 Mar 2003 03:46 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Moved to the right forum and making it a sticky thread for others to read.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 20 Mar 2003 04:12 pm
Midtown_Master
VERY MUCH need to worry

thx Phoenix, I was wondering how to do it.
btw Rippance im surprised to see ur a "Flashing Maniacle Monk" again Laughing .

Post 20 Mar 2003 09:59 pm
Quiksilver1047
Doobie Monster

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Quiksilver1047

And mine wasn't important also? Crying or Very sad
Post 20 Mar 2003 10:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alexmonk0
mm2c uber duber maniac ma

I might be wrong but i thought no cd patch was warez? Wink
Post 08 Sep 2003 08:11 pm
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

alexmonk0 wrote:
I might be wrong but i thought no cd patch was warez? Wink

Technically it isn't. It is copyright infrigment considering reverse engineering or even editing the EXE already violates Microsoft's copyright on the file. Since Midtown Madness 2 Central is not responsible for the content posted by forum users, this thread can continue living till someone signs objection.

As you might have noticed, we do not host the file because it is copyright infrigment. It would be considered warez when it is written in conjunction with making an illegal copy of the retail CD of Midtown Madness 2.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 08 Sep 2003 08:21 pm
suedehead87
Waterboy

Could someone please just put a link up here to a working site for the no cd 2.11 patch, or tell me where I could find one? I tried going to megagames.com, but both download servers are down. Any help would be appreciated.
Post 28 Dec 2003 08:48 pm
Vchat20
I Love Chickens Eddie!!

suedehead87 wrote:
Could someone please just put a link up here to a working site for the no cd 2.11 patch, or tell me where I could find one? I tried going to megagames.com, but both download servers are down. Any help would be appreciated.

i believe there is a rule against this kinda stuff on these forums already. correct me if im wrong though.
Post 28 Dec 2003 08:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
suedehead87
Waterboy

Vchat20 wrote:
suedehead87 wrote:

i believe there is a rule against this kinda stuff on these forums already. correct me if im wrong though.

*Corrects Vchat20*
Post 29 Dec 2003 05:16 am
Outback2k1
No frackin' way!

I made mine myself with unsafedisc. Very Happy
Post 29 Dec 2003 08:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Outback2k1
No frackin' way!

Rippance wrote:
Technically it isn't. It is copyright infrigment considering reverse engineering or even editing the EXE already violates Microsoft's copyright on the file. Since Midtown Madness 2 Central is not responsible for the content posted by forum users, this thread can continue living till someone signs objection.

As you might have noticed, we do not host the file because it is copyright infrigment. It would be considered warez when it is written in conjunction with making an illegal copy of the retail CD of Midtown Madness 2.

Awesome pussyfootin there, Ripp.
Post 29 Dec 2003 08:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
suedehead87
Waterboy

Outback2k1 wrote:
I made mine myself with unsafedisc. Very Happy

I have Unsafedisc, could you tell me how you did this?
Post 30 Dec 2003 12:10 am
Vchat20
I Love Chickens Eddie!!

just wanted to point out that back when quiksilver was around he put up a semi-legal (more legal than nocd cracks) way to run without a physical cd. i dont remember the link, maybe osmoene could post it? but the basicd idea is to take your mm2 cd and rip it to a 1:1 iso or bin. once done, put it on a safe part of your dirve where it wont be deleted. then go and download a program called Daemon Tools. it will allow you to run cd iso's as virtual cd drives. but what makes it stand apart from other's is its abaility to emulate cd protection technologies like safedisc. once you get it downloaded and installed, just load up your previously made iso or bin file in it and enable all the protection technology emulation to be on the safe side. once youve done that you should see the mm2 cd in my computer. then you just run the game as you normally would. and to make it even better, the verification of the cd is alot aster. usually only takes about a split second on my machine compared to the usual 10-20 secs on the physical cd.
Post 30 Dec 2003 06:50 am
QuickSilver
Leave Me Alone

however it can't be classed as warez if you have the original disc but chose not to use the original disc each time you play the game, right?

Cos everytime I put my MM2 disc in the cd sounds like it is going to explode so I've had to put a no-cd patch in - even though I've got the original MM2 cd as supplied with my PC when I bought it..
Post 25 Mar 2004 06:53 pm

Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: