[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Post Your Project > 2003 Lincoln Navigator Released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

Post subject: 2003 Lincoln Navigator Released! Reply with quote

The 2003 Lincoln Navigator has been released. It is exclusive to LCT2 Designs [http://designs.lct2.com] and MM2c if Rippance so desires to put it on here. Visit LCT2 Designs for more info and the download.

http://designs.lct2.com

"I don't think you really get dizzy when you're drunk. You just gain sense of how fast the earth is really moving."

Last edited by LCT2_N_Joe16 on 26 Aug 2002 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post 26 Aug 2002 11:21 pm
Quiksilver1047
Doobie Monster

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Quiksilver1047
Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, but the headlights are too far back... Great job for this exellent truck.
Post 26 Aug 2002 11:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

Thanks! Those headlights look fine when your in game from most angles...just the way I took the pic, but I'm sure your right, that probably has something to do with being too far back Razz

"I don't think you really get dizzy when you're drunk. You just gain sense of how fast the earth is really moving."
Post 26 Aug 2002 11:48 pm
Matt Demers
Away

Awesome! I'm gonna download it now. Cool
Post 27 Aug 2002 01:15 am
Mr_Sparkle
Disrespectful To Dirt

My mini-critique...take these suggestions to heart, don't take it as a putdown of your skills, but fixing some of these items when you start your next vehicle will result in an improved finish product Wink

Model: You did a good job of getting the mesh to be gap-free (only gap I could see was around the forward portion of the side windows, just behind the windshield) and the shading and wheels look good too. My biggest suggestion here would be to angle in the vehicle above the beltline as I suggested to you before; it is a simple thing to do but can vastly improve the appearance of a vehicle and remove that bolt-upright look.

Textures: Not too much to gripe about here, they look fine considering that you were using Carpoint pictures as your base. Damage textures could use some work to be more realistic, but their mere presence is nice since not everybody includes them on their first release.

Sounds: Probably the weak link right here. I can't identify them off the top of my head, but the choice of sports-car sounds was not a good one. Something from the F-350 or the LTV would have been far more appropriate.

Tuning: Acceleration and top speed are great, perfect for this type of vehicle. Handling is the weak point here, it is far too twitchy and responsive and the vehicle doesn't grip the road very much. Increase the grip levels a bit (not too much though, or you will have no body roll) and decrease the maximum distance the wheels can turn in either direction and it would be much improved.

Other: Lights are good but slightly out of place (though admittedly proper light placement is hard to do and it can never really be perfect). I would eliminate the constant exhaust smoke, it is just not in character with a vehicle like this. The custom dash is a nice touch for a first release.

If I had to rate this vehicle out of 10 it would be a solid 6. Room to improve, yes, but as a first effort you chose a fine vehicle to start with and you are showing great promise for the future. Keep at it and keep these suggestions in mind Wink
Post 27 Aug 2002 08:24 pm
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

Thanks Sparkle! My next vehicle will definitely have the top part angled in. I tried to fix it with the Navigator, but the way the textures were and the way I made the model wouldnt allow me to do it to well without making the textures look wierd. I learned alot from my mistakes with the Navigator, like adding way more plays in the bumper areas, and finding better textures Very Happy

Post 28 Aug 2002 10:41 pm
Awesys

Cool, Joe. Smile

And the textures you showed me for your next project were WORSE than Carpoint textures. Even lower resolution! Surprised You're supposed to find high resolution pictures. Wink Maybe you did already, maybe you didn't, but you might want to try looking on eBay or something. Wink
Post 28 Aug 2002 11:20 pm
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

No no...the ones I got are from Ebay. I got new ones since then.

plus there's a front and a back as well. I did modify them all to get rid of the lights reflecting on the windows.

Post 28 Aug 2002 11:52 pm
Dylan
MM2C Regular

LCT2_N_Joe16 wrote:
I did modify them all to get rid of the lights reflecting on the windows.
you did? Wink
Post 29 Aug 2002 12:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

Ohh I did for the back...you did for the side Smile

Post 29 Aug 2002 12:05 am
Em_Dee
Waterboy

Very nice ! *runs to download the car* looks like a pretty $$ car Shocked
Post 29 Aug 2002 12:00 pm
NYC_VJ2003
Waterboy

Post subject: sucks!!! Reply with quote

I Don't like the way it looks, but good control, mayb next time u can fix corners on car!! Mad
Post 03 Sep 2002 02:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LCT2_N_Joe16
Team LCT2 Owner

Maybe next time I can...and maybe next time you can be less of an ass when giving suggestions... Rolling Eyes

Post 03 Sep 2002 06:37 pm
LCT2_O_Adam12
Banned

joe tell me if u want better pics in multiple colors, my dads got the hook ups at the lexus dealer over here Very Happy
Post 04 Sep 2002 01:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr_Sparkle
Disrespectful To Dirt

LCT2_N_Joe16 wrote:
Maybe next time I can...and maybe next time you can be less of an ass when giving suggestions... Rolling Eyes

Bit of advice from a guy who's been around the block a couple times in terms of carmaking...just ignore people who give useless, misinformed, or ignorant comments.
Post 04 Sep 2002 01:38 am

Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: