[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > General Discussion > Midtown Madness 3 Washington: Accurate?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
gooball
Waterboy

Post subject: Midtown Madness 3 Washington: Accurate? Reply with quote

The XBOX game midtown madness 3 has just been bundled with a console in the last few days, so there's some pretty cheap on ebay (australia).

anyway, i won an auction, but i was just wondering if the washington in the game is accurate to the city. my brother will be there in the next few weeks, and i thought it would be interesting if we could drive around to the hotel etc. beforehand.

in terms of 'accuracy' i mean both street layouts, but also if e.g. images of hotels are represented relatively accurately?

thanks Very Happy

p.s. do they have the street signs?
Post 10 Nov 2003 10:16 am
Moylance
MM2C Guru

Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Signposted.
It's very accurate.
I see your from Australia, so am I! If you feel like talking don't hesitate to asked!

MSN: moylance@westnet.com.au
E-Mail: moylance@westnet.com.au
Post 10 Nov 2003 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gooball
Waterboy

yeah, i'm from melbourne. i'm pretty sure mm3 was coming to me from wa, and it should arrive on wednesday at the latest.

annoying part is, i didn't realise the new bundle came with mm3. so, i 'buy it now'ed it just before an avalanche of them appeared on ebay. still got a good price, but not as good as i could have got Very Happy.

hmm.. are you on xbox live? i'm thinking about getting it (i already have adsl), but i'd like to know some aussies playing mm3.
Post 10 Nov 2003 10:48 am
Moylance
MM2C Guru

I don't have ADSL and won't be getting it in the near future, but yes I do have MM3.

There is tim_shady1 in NZ who has XBox Live(I think and MM3.
The other oz members here are, T-Series, Nikkojoe, Xander and king_fuzzman
I learnt a few weeks ago there was more, but it was before my time.

MSN: moylance@westnet.com.au
E-Mail: moylance@westnet.com.au
Post 10 Nov 2003 10:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
96gtp
we have a girl member!

welcome to the forums!!!! I don't have an XBOX but my friend might be getting MM3 for it soon!!1 so hopefully I'll be able to see it!!!
Post 10 Nov 2003 01:10 pm
Mr_Sparkle
Disrespectful To Dirt

Wow, this thread got massively off-topic in record time Wink

Anyhow, I have visited Washington DC several times, and yes, the map is accurate in the sense that all the streets that are there in-game are there in real life, and everything is laid out just like it is in real life (the exception being at the edges of the map, where some of the streets were modified to close off the map, like the freeway at the southwest corner).

However, I would venture to say that not every single building and house and hotel and restaurant is modeled and textured exactly after the real thing, so if you're expecting to go in-game and see your hotel, maybe you'll see a building where the hotel will be, but it probably won't look like the real hotel unless it's a landmark or a very distinctive building that the designers would have taken extra time to specially model and texture. But if you want to get a general feel for the city, and the street layout, and where some of the landmarks are and what they look like, while no means an end-all map of the city, MM3's representation of the city is fairly accurate. It's still no substitution for a proper street map though Wink

Hopefully your brother will enjoy his visit to Washington DC, it really is a beautiful city and there is a lot to see and do. Bring a heavy coat and some good walking shoes though...it will probably be quite cold when he's here (if he's coming in the next few weeks), and be ready to do a lot of walking...there is an excellent subway system for getting from place to place but I really think the best way to see Washington (especially the most heavily visited areas) is on foot. Wink
Post 10 Nov 2003 10:10 pm
Frogshi
Waterboy

I live in the DC area, and I have to say, it's quite accurate Shocked !
Post 25 Aug 2004 09:43 pm
motocrossy
Sexual Puma

Frogshi wrote:
I live in the DC area, and I have to say, it's quite accurate Shocked !

Way to dig up a year old topic....
Post 26 Aug 2004 02:59 am
Supra_Drifter
MM2C Maniac

Hey Frogshi

Welcoem to the forums a rule on here is not 2 bring back old topics i think u can bring up ones like 1-2 weeks old or something but anywayz dont bring it back if its way back
Post 26 Aug 2004 05:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
krayjeedrift
(Half) Korean Pride

Supra_Drifter wrote:
Hey Frogshi

Welcoem to the forums a rule on here is not 2 bring back old topics i think u can bring up ones like 1-2 weeks old or something but anywayz dont bring it back if its way back

i believe its also aiight if its ur own topic to bring it up, so yeh.
Post 26 Aug 2004 08:47 am
Yallis
Professional Sucker

Supra_Drifter wrote:

Never heard of that rule. Why create a new topic each day when there's already existing ones on the same subject? Of course, posting in the right thread is horrid, while posting 10 replies ranting about an old topic is a way more sensible thing to do. Confused
Post 26 Aug 2004 10:24 am
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

Yallis wrote:
Never heard of that rule. Why create a new topic each day when there's already existing ones on the same subject? Of course, posting in the right thread is horrid, while posting 10 replies ranting about an old topic is a way more sensible thing to do. Confused

Exactly, there is no such rule. Replying to an old topic in a contributing manner is perfectly acceptable, especially in a reasonably slow forum such as the Midtown Madness 3 one.

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 26 Aug 2004 11:24 am
krayjeedrift
(Half) Korean Pride

Rippance wrote:
Yallis wrote:

Exactly, there is no such rule. Replying to an old topic in a contributing manner is perfectly acceptable, especially in a reasonably slow forum such as the Midtown Madness 3 one.

in that case......

*runs to the PYP forum*
Post 26 Aug 2004 12:17 pm
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

Least he had something relevant to post, and not "yeah Very Happy "
Post 26 Aug 2004 01:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: