Midtown Madness 2 Central > Xbox Live > Voice
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Legoguy
Lego Maniac
Administrator

Post subject: Voice Reply with quote

Been reading some of the topics over at xbox.com's MM3 forum, and I'm getting the feeling that if I were to get an XBOX and Live, and either don't have or don't want to plug a mic into the thing, I stand a 100% chance of getting booted.

[rant]
I don't even have an XBOX, but I'm already saying, what the hell. I mean, why the heck kick someone for that. They have the right to keep their privacy. I mean I'm sure I would get a mic and everything but getting kicked because of no mic is unacceptable. Also, getting kicked because you're beating the host is just saying the host is lame, stupid, has bad sportsmanship - there's nothing more outrageously selfish and deserving of a kick in the rear than that. All these 9 year olds thinking they own the world by hosting, can kick anytime they want, etc etc, when they just make a fool out of themselves and screw themselves over as far as making friends on Live, not to mention piss off the mature adults and adolcsents. The only reason I'd kick someone is if they explicitly do something stated as wrong and unacceptable, such as, say, constantly swearing at everyone, intentionally making the game unenjoyable, etc etc; and even then I'd warn them a few times first.
If I'm ever to get an XBOX and Live, the whole thing better shape up, or I'll go in there and shape it up myself. It's bad to have 9 year olds swearing via text and kicking everyone, but it's something different to have them swearing via voice and kicking everyone for no good reason other than their pleasure and our anger.
[/rant]

Whew. Yeah.
"There is no loneliness on this planet. All the dark things are in your mind. This place is colorful and neutral; brutal, nice, caring and destructive -- all at the same time. Start to think a little." -- Pete Namlook; The Dark Side of the Moog X: Astro Know Me Domina, Part I
Post 06 Dec 2003 05:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
ಠ__ಠ

Post subject: Reply with quote

so, its the internet all over again.... Rolling Eyes
Post 06 Dec 2003 06:27 am
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance

That is rather nonsense actually. I have yet to get booted for not speaking or not having my Mike in. Even if you do have your Mike in, it doesn't require you to set it to transmitting either.

But of course, there are these spoiled 9 year olds who think they own the world with a boot button. It isn't a real shock is it, they existed ever since the Big Bang Wink

All I can say is: Friends List. I started with an empty friends list and with Midtown Madness 3 on Xbox Live and slowly you will build a list of nice people. Nowadays I play a lot with people on that list only, and on their turn, they also have nice friends.

Besides, how on earth can you discuss exceptions? Discussing a topic like this that involves a large user base is generalized, but Legoguy, you're generalizing the exceptions here Wink Do not forget about the thousands and thousands of games and gamers that do make the Xbox Live experience worthwhile. In my opinion, the Mike is a great addittion to the whole system and I wish the whole thing would have been as easy in a PC game (instead of using Teamspeak).

PS: Don't take the MM3 Xbox.com forums too seriously, they are flooded with the spoiled 9 year olds too Wink

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 06 Dec 2003 11:52 am
Legoguy
Lego Maniac
Administrator

I figured that, I just got pissed by the fact that more mature players didn't step in, some of them did, but the majority had things like "I'm host, i can kick whenever I feel like it, so **** off!". Sure, that's true, but it makes the game unfair if you get kicked by a 9 year old who is afraid of loosing to someone who actually knows how to play.

I never said the mic was a bad thing, it's probably a good thing, and I'm sure I would enjoy it.

It's no doubt that I would probably use a friends list as well, probably have all the members from MM2C on in Razz

I know I was generalizing, it was late on friday, what can I say Razz
"There is no loneliness on this planet. All the dark things are in your mind. This place is colorful and neutral; brutal, nice, caring and destructive -- all at the same time. Start to think a little." -- Pete Namlook; The Dark Side of the Moog X: Astro Know Me Domina, Part I
Post 06 Dec 2003 07:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ice Blue
My Attack Penguin

you should really get an x-box i have one (by the way, im a girl so don't think that just guyz get into that whole video game system stuff)

My attack penguin will bite you.
Post 10 Jan 2004 12:17 am
NoS_Online
NoS Who?

Xbox Live Gamertag:
NoS Online

If you know you was going to get Boot, Cuss them Out, Thats what I do. Laughing
Post 10 Jan 2004 12:33 am
ericr33914
MM2C Maniac

Xbox Live Gamertag:
ericr33914
Post subject: Re: Voice Reply with quote

Legoguy wrote:
Been reading some of the topics over at xbox.com's MM3 forum, and I'm getting the feeling that if I were to get an XBOX and Live, and either don't have or don't want to plug a mic into the thing, I stand a 100% chance of getting booted.

[rant]
I don't even have an XBOX, but I'm already saying, what the hell. I mean, why the heck kick someone for that. They have the right to keep their privacy. I mean I'm sure I would get a mic and everything but getting kicked because of no mic is unacceptable. Also, getting kicked because you're beating the host is just saying the host is lame, stupid, has bad sportsmanship - there's nothing more outrageously selfish and deserving of a kick in the rear than that. All these 9 year olds thinking they own the world by hosting, can kick anytime they want, etc etc, when they just make a fool out of themselves and screw themselves over as far as making friends on Live, not to mention piss off the mature adults and adolcsents. The only reason I'd kick someone is if they explicitly do something stated as wrong and unacceptable, such as, say, constantly swearing at everyone, intentionally making the game unenjoyable, etc etc; and even then I'd warn them a few times first.
If I'm ever to get an XBOX and Live, the whole thing better shape up, or I'll go in there and shape it up myself. It's bad to have 9 year olds swearing via text and kicking everyone, but it's something different to have them swearing via voice and kicking everyone for no good reason other than their pleasure and our anger.
[/rant]

Whew. Yeah.

I got booted today for no reason at all... im sure it was because i had no mic(damn dog ate it Mad). I agree with your post 100%!

Post 11 Jan 2004 09:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: