[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > Technical Support > Firewall / Network Problems? TCP/UDP Ports Listed Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
alexsim2004
MM2C Forums Addict

Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking in the router's manual or try one of these common addresses (type in the web address bar on your internet browser)

Post 30 May 2008 06:25 pm
Bradley_Wint
MM2C Guru

Xbox Live Gamertag:
braddor

go to Start > Run

type cmd then ipconfig

Default Gateway=Router IP
Post 30 May 2008 06:38 pm
FirstLynx
http://groupspaces.com/MM2Tran

i have followed a website to portforward the ports to be able to multiplay but when i check to see if the port is open, its not.

Im using Bt broadband via Bt Hub and yet i dont know if im doing it right, could any one explain how i do it
Post 20 Sep 2009 10:21 am
pacella
Waterboy

Why does my firewall turn off when I shut down my computer? When I turn on my computer, my firewall is always off. I have to turn it on everytime. Does this mean that I have a virus? Or are the settings not right?

Last edited by pacella on 21 Nov 2009 07:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Nov 2009 10:46 am
neoplan60
Dumb name. ^^

Bump.

Sounds like the firewall is off by default. You will just have to keep turning it on again at every reboot. And no, you do not have a virus. Its just the antivirus Razz

Leader of RBD drift team.
Post 14 Nov 2009 01:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ediblechickenwing
MM2C Addict

Good lord

Some firewalls have a setting to start up when you start up your computer which you can switch on or off. Others (like the one I've just got recently) don't have an option to do that. As far as I can find, anyway. If that's the case, you can set up a scheduled task in your computer's control panel (it might be in the Administrator Tools category) so that it starts the firewall when you log on. Or whenever you want.
Post 14 Nov 2009 02:00 pm
Aaron1992
Waterboy

Hi Everyone,

Ive browsed the internet numerous times and have even read posts on here but im still unable to host.

I have a Vigin Media internet package with a Netgear WGR614 router. Ive read that i need to change the ports and have got into my routers settings by typing its IP into the web address bar. How ever im not totally what sure to do.

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium and i apparently have DirectX10

Id appreciate if someone could help me

Post 28 Jan 2010 10:29 am
neoplan60
Dumb name. ^^

Your ports probably need opening. You could try DXPort which is a program that forces your ports open. I have absolutely no idea how to use it, look on the dxport forum for help.

Or it could be your firewall; make sure your firewall isn't blocking MM2. If not, then turn your firewall off altogether and try again.

I'm not quite sure what to do in the router setup... Add AOE as a custom service and see if that helps.

Leader of RBD drift team.
Post 28 Jan 2010 10:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aaron1992
Waterboy

neoplan60 wrote:
Your ports probably need opening. You could try DXPort which is a program that forces your ports open. I have absolutely no idea how to use it, look on the dxport forum for help.

Or it could be your firewall; make sure your firewall isn't blocking MM2. If not, then turn your firewall off altogether and try again.

I'm not quite sure what to do in the router setup... Add AOE as a custom service and see if that helps.

Firstly thanks for your very quick reply it is appreciated.

Ive downloaded the software but when i click unzip it says
'Cant create output file' and stops it running.

I did try turning the routers firewall off last night whilst hosting along with Windows Firewall.

Regarding AOE i have a number of other things in the drop down box to select would you like a screen shot of that?
Post 28 Jan 2010 10:56 am
Luigi!?!
Owns MM2-UK with YR-6200 :D

Up to yet, it seems you have the exact problem as I do, with all the same stuff. Norton internet security on your PC? If so, we have IDENTICAL problems.
Post 28 Jan 2010 07:32 pm
Aaron1992
Waterboy

I asked someone i used to cruise with on MM2 and he took me through the procedure and i am now able to host Very Happy maybe i can offer help.

What router are you using and if you have Norton then fully disable it. You can always enable after playing
Post 28 Jan 2010 08:20 pm
Luigi!?!

Aaron1992 wrote:
I asked someone i used to cruise with on MM2 and he took me through the procedure and i am now able to host Very Happy maybe i can offer help.

What router are you using and if you have Norton then fully disable it. You can always enable after playing

I'm using the exact same router as you, and I know this may sound plain stupid, but how do you fully disable norton? lol Mr. Green
Post 28 Jan 2010 08:30 pm
evo
MM2C Guru

Luigi!?! wrote:
Aaron1992 wrote:

I'm using the exact same router as you, and I know this may sound plain stupid, but how do you fully disable norton? lol Mr. Green

Nuke the process, edit the registry and uninstall manually.
[EDIT]Here
Post 28 Jan 2010 08:40 pm
Aaron1992
Waterboy

I uninstalled my Norton over 6 months ago as the subscription expired. Ive forgotten how Norton works lol.
Post 29 Jan 2010 04:42 pm
Luigi!?!

Aaron1992 wrote:
I uninstalled my Norton over 6 months ago as the subscription expired. Ive forgotten how Norton works lol.

Ok, never mind.

And by the way, Evo, it's not as easy to do that when you're struggling for money, besides, the question was ho to disable it, not remove.
Post 29 Jan 2010 05:19 pm

Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: