[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > News & Announcements > Unofficial Status Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: Unofficial Status Update Reply with quote

The reason why I am posting this here and not on the frontpage is because it's still unofficial. Still, I'd like to inform our die-hard visitors on what's going on.

If you were thinking no updates were made at MM2C, because we're preparing for a launch of V3, then I must disappoint you. This was originally the case, only about three weeks ago some other issue arised that threats the site's future.

Anyone following Midtown Madness 3 news must have noticed the discussion on the PC version of this game. Is it still planned? Did it get cancelled? We don't know, we just don't know. We have been focusing on trying to verify the rumours that the PC version of Midtown Madness 3 has been cancelled for three weeks now, unfortunately, with no clear result just yet.

I'll be honest with you. If this month it is confirmed that Midtown Madness 3's PC version has indeed been cancelled, MM2C will most likely vanish from the internet on March 31st, 2004. It wasn't posted sooner, because we didn't want to start spreading more rumours than necessary.

If anyone e-mails me a written piece of text (HTML formatted if necessary) that's ready to be posted as newspost (good spelling / grammar), I'll copy / paste it and post it on the frontpage. For now, it's not very likely new cars will be posted -- the motivation is gone for me right now.

We'll keep you updated,

w: http://www.crumbl.com
c: #mm2c @ irc.gamesurge.net
Post 01 Feb 2004 06:37 pm
Vchat20
I Love Chickens Eddie!!

Post subject: Reply with quote

i may be in way over my head here, but why would MM2C vanish just because mm3 is not coming out for the PC? cuz as far as im concerned theres still lots of developing going on for mm2. not to mention fre_ber is constantly researching the game from top to bottom.
Post 01 Feb 2004 06:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

Yeah, MM3 is just a small portion of this place. Closing it down because one game isn't coming out is absurd.
Post 01 Feb 2004 06:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dudes__Geof_
#mm2c ninja

if mm2c went off the net, i would be homeless, well not really...I don't live on these forums, but I would be missing a nice warm place to come whenever I want to see the awesome modeling and track making that goes on, and just the funny little discussions we have in the soap box, the images we get to share with each other.... Rolling Eyes mm2 basically is the enthusiasm for this site, the new models for mm2, and all the talk about trying new things....mm2 may be a dieing game as any other game, but it is still worth keeping a site about it going, never know....good things happen, if mm3 comes for pc, yay....if mm3 doesn't come for pc...so be it...but if it closes down for one damn game....to hell with it....
Post 01 Feb 2004 07:41 pm
Vchat20
I Love Chickens Eddie!!

yeah. thats what im talking about. to me its pointless to close down this site just because of one game. we got a big family here and im sure that if you closed mm2c down cuz of mm3 not coming to pc, this big 'family' would hunt you down, egg your house, then staples your balls to a wall. Wink Mr. Green
Post 01 Feb 2004 07:47 pm
wil555
Clouds taste metallic

Yeah, more members here have MM2 than have MM3...I think, at least.
Post 01 Feb 2004 07:56 pm
kuba.g
A Newbie Forever

Yes, its stupid to close this forum just becouse of the new version of MM.
Please dont do it!!!

Firefox Rules!!

PM me for a free G-mail Invite! 43 left.
Post 01 Feb 2004 08:25 pm
SSJ3_Vegeta
The Silver Baller

wil555 wrote:
Yeah, more members here have MM2 than have MM3...I think, at least.

Well, not many members here have XBOXes Wink
Post 01 Feb 2004 08:49 pm
'04 Subaru WRX STi
STi

WHAT?!?!?! MM2C might vanish March 31st?!?! That is sad news.... Crying or Very sad
But really, if MM3 doesn't come out for PC, will it really make such a big difference here at MM2C? After all, this site is much more dedicated to MM2....and when I last looked, it wasn't MM3C.....[/badgrammar]
No longer #1 Spammer.......wtf is going on here?!
I play dancing games god damnit. ITG2 woo.
Post 01 Feb 2004 08:50 pm
Stereo
Senior Dismember

The thing is, MM2 is losing popularity. After all, its several years old now. Apparently the number of visitors has dropped 50% in less than a year, and unless MM3 is coming for PC, you can't hope it to gain back that popularity. I really don't see why MM3 for PC would get cancelled though, but thats Microsoft for you.

A member of Team Graduation 2004/05!
Post 01 Feb 2004 08:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuba.g
A Newbie Forever

Stereo wrote:
The thing is, MM2 is losing popularity. After all, its several years old now. Apparently the number of visitors has dropped 50% in less than a year, and unless MM3 is coming for PC, you can't hope it to gain back that popularity. I really don't see why MM3 for PC would get cancelled though, but thats Microsoft for you.

Come on, do we realy need so mutch members. Even now MM2C is very pooular... or it seems to be to me Wink

Firefox Rules!!

PM me for a free G-mail Invite! 43 left.
Post 01 Feb 2004 08:57 pm
§Simoleon§
I Need Love...

kuba.g wrote:
Stereo wrote:

Come on, do we realy need so mutch members. Even now MM2C is very pooular... or it seems to be to me Wink

Just because some people are not playing MM2 anymore, is not an excuse to close down MM2 sites. Even though most members will buy and play MM3 if it does come out, I think a MM3 section to the existing site would be best.

Lexus LS400 - VIP Style, baby!
Post 01 Feb 2004 09:18 pm
Jason
ಠ__ಠ

Sad this is very upsetting to me, i have nothing to add except that i hope mm3 gets released on pc soon so that we dont lose a great community.
Post 01 Feb 2004 09:56 pm
SSJ3_Vegeta
The Silver Baller

Simoleon wrote:
Just because some people are not playing MM2 anymore, is not an excuse to close down MM2 sites.

Yeah but it's more than that. About half the people at this site don't play MM2 anymore. I don't really, unless I wanna test something. I just stick around cause I like the community, it's like a second family. Although this is the most popular MM2 site out there, the whole MM2 community is dying out, it's not just this one site. MM3 is the community's only saving grace and if it's cancelled then well, we're pretty screwed
Post 01 Feb 2004 09:57 pm
QuickSilver
Leave Me Alone

surely you aren't considering closing the forums??

despite the game being several years old now, I'm positive it is still a popular game, people are still finding out new things to make for the game, making new developments to correct what Angel Studios/Microsoft rushed or left out.

Come on now..there are so many people visiting the forums, posting updates on new cars and tracks and such forth for the game, then it'd be a really sad thing to lose such a great site jsut because MM3 may not be released for the PC.

Afterall, wasn't MM2C initially all about Midtown Madness 2, not 3?

If we lose MM2C, then that's essential killed all life in MM2 related stuff - ZRS have gone, Bodyshop has gone, Zolknetwork (god that was old stuff) has gone - do we have to see a great site like MM2C go as well? Please reply Ripp and give us some more news if you can Confused Sad
Post 01 Feb 2004 10:04 pm
Display posts from previous: Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 6 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: