[ Midtown Madness 2 Central ] [ Midtown Madness 2 Central ]

Midtown Madness 2 Central > News > What's up? The Future of MM2C, Midtown Madness 3 and More...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic | View next topic
Author
Message Post new topicReply to topic
Rippance
Hates Custom Titles
Administrator

Xbox Live Gamertag:
Rippance
Post subject: What's up? The Future of MM2C, Midtown Madness 3 and More... Reply with quote

Two months without a newspost. If you guessed that this has nothing to do with maintenance anymore, then your guess was right. In the past two months a lot has happend that has given us reason enough to rethink our actions and personal goals. It's hard to believe, but there are actual living human beings with lifes of their own behind this site.

Let me first try to explain the why. Midtown Madness 2 Central launched in July 2000 with the goal to give the community the best coverage on Midtown Madness 2. We didn't really expect to see a third game in the series ever. We expected to close MM2C around now, until we revealed a PC version of Midtown Madness 3 was under development in an interview with Andreas Roman of Digital Illusion CE. Work began on developing version 3 of the site to be able to accommodate for an increased number of visitors. We have been saying version 3 is as good as done for about 4 months now (some content is still missing), this is still the case.

So, why the little history lesson? I am trying to make clear that the only reason (at that time) for MM2C still being here, was the announcement of Midtown Madness 3. MM2 is over three years old now and the third game was our only hope to spark new interest into the community and to spark our interest into the website.

"But Midtown Madness 3 for the PC is still going to be released, right?" Wrong. Microsoft Game Studios is still refraining from giving any information on the fate of the PC release, but the information gathered in the past two to three months leads us to conclude that Midtown Madness 3 for the PC has been cancelled. Either that, or people are playing with us.

Simple truth is that we are nearing the final chapter of a great book. We have lost our interest in the game a long time ago and with these recent happenings our motivation as well. Besides the personal reasons, there's a financial reason as well. Statistics show that the number of visitors have decreased by 50% in less than a year and we are barely covering our expenses (and the way it's done aint pretty).

We will stop updating MM2C with news regarding Midtown Madness 2 and 3, effective immediately. If you wish to stay up to date, our community forums are still going strong. When we will take our last breath online is yet to be determined, but a complete newspost will be posted a month ahead of time.

I have tried to give you a tip of the iceberg, but the situation is still a lot more complicated. You will hear from us soon again (hopefully not too soon!).

As always, if you have questions or are just looking for a chat, you are invited to drop by at:

- Midtown Madness 2 Central Forums
- #mm2c at irc.gamesurge.net

Regards,

Rippance, MM2C Founder
Post 29 Feb 2004 06:58 pm
Midtown_Master
VERY MUCH need to worry

Post subject: Reply with quote

noooo!
I read your jounal at DevArt, but expected for something to come up between that time and now. What amout MM2C v3? is that also cancelled?

Post 29 Feb 2004 08:02 pm
_Mad_Man_2k
MM2C Addict

I think people should just use the IRC chat room, if the server has to go down and all. It would be nice to keep the forums up, but people aren't really that interested in the games, so there's not too much point. 4 years is pretty good for a fan community of a somewhat little-known game I suppose...
Post 29 Feb 2004 09:37 pm
bluefox
The other white Tim

Man this is depressing, but still understandable. You've done a great job running the site and no one will ever be able to match what you've helped do for this community, Rippance. And for that, I send my kudos. Hopefully, we'll all stay in touch.
Post 29 Feb 2004 10:03 pm
AYA
Meh..

All good things must come to an end..

Apparently great things must come to an end as well..

You have put a huge amount of effort into this site and community these past 3 years, Rippance.. You have successfully accomodated all your visitors.. you have served the game's fans well, especially after BTWR went down. The site came back in no time, and after a one and a half year absence.. I come back to see the community as strong as ever.

You deserve a huge pat on the back..

Cheers mate.. and good luck.. with everything!

AYA
Post 01 Mar 2004 01:02 am
MaxB277
MM2C Regular

I will miss MM2C.COM Mad Sad Crying or Very sad , I love this site so much, kudos to you Ripp, at least keep the forum.
Post 01 Mar 2004 02:56 am
daddakiller2
Toilet not a Douche

to bad this is gonna stop Sad but we will always be in touch with everyone. kudos for you ripp

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination!
serve in heaven rule in hell
Post 01 Mar 2004 07:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheMadMonkey
MM2Cars.com Pimp

so what's going to happen to mm2c itself? are you going to take the site down and leave the forum up? take all of the site down? Confused

www.M-JR.com | www.MM2Cars.com | www.MadScriptMonkey.com
Post 01 Mar 2004 08:05 am
fre_ber
triangle fan

I would imagine that when it goes down all of it goes down. Except maybe for the IRC channel since that is hosted on a different server.

I thank you, Rippance for giving me a channel to air my thoughts about the file formats of MM2. Though there are a few people here that actually care about the work I have done most hasn't even understood a single word of it. When I first joined, a couple of weeks before the shut-down of BTWR, I was hoping for a highly cooperative community on a software developing level. Unfortunately the members of this community were a bit young for that. Most people didn't even know how to use any programming language. When MM2C goes off the air, ehm not really broadcasting - off the line?, I will go back to having no output channels for my MM2-related work. Sad

Of course I will stay in contact with those of you that are on my contact list in Trillian, but since I'm not really an IRC-user, I don't see myself logging in to #mm2c very often.

Thanks again, Rippance, despite the lack of software developers here, the site has been great.

P.S. Of course there are some people who has actively participated in the file format discussions, and made software for MM2 - I thank you for your interest and efforts too. (You know who you are)

"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."

<[4D]JoeShmo> what we have here, is a failure.. to communicate
Post 01 Mar 2004 08:33 am
TheMadMonkey
MM2Cars.com Pimp

pah not even gonna give my mm2 site a chance? Razz i dont blame you lol

Post 01 Mar 2004 08:34 am
king_fuzzman
The Solidus Snake

Well, the site and game have had an excellent run for something with such poor graphics. I guess it was the excellent people behind it that Kept us going for such a long time. I'll shed a tear the day this old dump finally goes. Show some pride, Jeroen, you've done something that many people could never do, especially myself (seen as I don't actually do much here anymore.)

Anyways, I guess this is the last time you'll hear from me, at least under the fuzzman name. tootles! Smile good luck with the rest of your lives, MM2ers.

Mike.
Post 01 Mar 2004 08:56 am
-=Stuntman=-
what the fack

this sort of remind of a game Gearhead Garage, you think waiting 3 years is long? they've waited about 6 or so and there still going strong (gearheadgarage.com) and if you think mm2 has bad graphics, look at this game, about as simple as you can get... (and yes a GHG 2 was promised about 2-3 years ago and still waiting)
The tune will come to you at last, When all are one, one is all,
To be a rock, And not to roll.
Post 01 Mar 2004 02:17 pm
Dudes__Geof_
#mm2c ninja

I was thinking, so at least we can keep in contact with each other if mm2c goes down we should go and make a thread and post our different ways of contact (through msn, aim, icq, etc.) and then Rip could do something that would take a while, mass email everybody that big thread basically...but just in text format...it would probably take a while to do the copy and pasting of emails and such but it would be worth it. But Mass Emailing takes a while also....and not all members signed up here actually use the forums Sad
Post 01 Mar 2004 02:35 pm
TheMadMonkey
MM2Cars.com Pimp

do what?? Confused

Post 01 Mar 2004 10:16 pm
'04 Subaru WRX STi
STi

I hope we can all figure out a place (forum) to go on IRC after this so we can all keep in touch and share our mm2 stuff...
Well, we do all owe a huge amount of gratitude for Rip, he has done an absolutely excellent job running the forums. Smile
No longer #1 Spammer.......wtf is going on here?!
I play dancing games god damnit. ITG2 woo.
Post 02 Mar 2004 12:02 am

Page 1 of 9 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: